Advice / Info

Hi
Does anybody have any idea on what the requirements would be if a person wanted to start a private tour business. This means, a car / small van with no more than 8 seats, being booked privately to take groups to different locations for tourism purposes not taxiing. Also would this cover taking groups such as hens / stags to different locations during their stay. I am not interested in being a taxi as I know its virtually impossible and expensive to do so here in Spain.
I cant seem to find any information online, everything seems to to point towards a Taxi licence and then having to deal will angry taxi drivers.
I am already autonomo here, so it would be legal.
What i'd like to know are licence requirements, paper work etc and again, the van would be a minivan, with no more than 8 seats. So classed as a car.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Jon

It will depend on what area you go to as to what permissions you have to have to be a tourist guide.
Your vehicle, to carry fare paying passengers, will have to have a "SP" plate on it. That is a licence. You will have to have a different insurance and public insurance.
You may have to set up a businesses.
The vehicle will have to be road worth inspected (called ITV) every 6 months.
To carry fare paying passengers you will also have to pass  What the EU calls CPC in a directive from 2003. The Spanish call it CAP.

Hi
This is the problem. I have read conflicting information regarding this matter.  I have read that I would only need the CPC / CAP if the van had 9 -16 seats ( minibus ), which it wont and i know it costs a lot of money and takes a ridicules amount of time. ( I have drove long wheel base transit vans in the UK for many years so i'm used to long vehicles etc ) .Okay its the passenger part they are concerned about but i don't want to take that course. The area would be Andalucia and I thought the SP, which iv'e also read is a taxi licence which Iv'e read costs a crazy amount of money and impossible to get especially if the person is not Spanish. I have also read that the 8 seat van would be classed as a car and all i would need is a Servicios especiales o de abono ( which is to do with tourist purposes ). The other license that it says I need is a VTC. Which means my vehicle can be rented with a driver for private hire purposes and not for picking up people without an appointment.  This is the problem with the internet. To much mixed information. But thanks for your reply :-)

Hi
I'm sorry if my reply, sounds rude. I'm just frustrated with mixed information iv'e been reading. The internet is not always the best place to source info. But if anyone else can clarify any of this. Then that would be helpful.
Thanks

I have Spanish friends who run a small private hire bus company. I have a bus licence. I wanted to work part time for them and this is what I was told. You have to have a medical for that every 5 years rather than the 10 for a car.
It is ironic that you say. "The internet is not always the best place to source info." And you still ask here.
I did not know you felt that way. So then my next suggestion is to ask your gestor and ask at the DGT. Also ask the tourism section of Andalusian if you need a special licence to be a tour guide.
Do not forget when you considered a professional driver in Spain the alcohol and drug limits are much lower.

Hi

I guess I just wanted some opinions before I took it further. Anyway thank's for your time. I actually don't drink and certainly take no drugs so that's not a problem ;-)

Thank you