Armenia, Colombia

Hello fellow expats. I originally made a decision to settle down in Barranquilla but 3 days before my move somebody set off a bomb and killed people at the Barranquilla police station so here I am.
Love the coffee here. Black, no adulterations and strong.
Armenia is also centro. Colombia is arguably the most bio-diverse country in the world. I plan to explore Colombia at a slow pace. I've been a sports fisherman my whole life in Canada. Prefer fresh water and Amazonas looks sooooo inviting. Later for that. For now there is Los Nevados National Park as a first priority.
I do not see too many tourists walking around here so I don't know yet how popular Armenia is with expats and foreigners. I have met one American friend Living here for about a year. He says that Armenia is like Costa Rica was 10 years ago (he was the for 8 years)......virgin territory and inexpensive.
If there are any expats living in Armenia I would like to hear from you? My American friend says I am the first one he has met here. Anybody planning to visit here can let me know? I have a few good local contacts now. They have been a great help to me with my locating here and they can help you too if you wish. Especially if you don't speak spanish well.
I'm a health nut so can share in that area also if you are interested. Many expats settled in Medellin but I found the pollution there unacceptable. Different stroke for different folks I guess. I plan to take out the maximum amount of monthly pension money I can so I pay attention to my health. If you need a scoby let me know, I got lots heheheh I walk every day and don't mind company.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear some replies  :D

Didn't see the other Armenia thread. Sorry. I will post other messages there..... not here. Can the moderator terminate this thread please? Thanks.