New to Khobar and Hofuf

Here for work on rotation. Just trying to meet new friends and make some contacts. Work between Khobar and Hofuf. Also trying to figure out what there is to do here and when. Still trying to get adjusted. Big difference from Texas  lol

mrod187 wrote:

Here for work on rotation. Just trying to meet new friends and make some contacts. Work between Khobar and Hofuf. Also trying to figure out what there is to do here and when. Still trying to get adjusted. Big difference from Texas  lol

Not that big of a difference... Welll with exception of the fun stuff being illegal, the drivers being insane and getting trapped in stores during prayer... Yet the "weekend" being Thur-Fri has thrown me for more of a loop than most.

I live outside of Houston and Im also a "commuter" on rotation. Ive been here since the 1st of April. So I am still very wet behind the ears and learning myself.

Ive only had one bad experience since Ive been here and that was because the taxi driver didnt know where my compound was. With me being new, had no friggin clue how to get back there. That was an experience I dont care to have again. ha ha

Not sure what compound your at but I am at the Eurovillage compound in their hotel/inn. If your close hit me up.