Moving to Holland in August. Would like some help!

Hello everyone! I hope you are well!

I am a 19 year old german italian male and I currently live in Thailand. I have been living here my whole life, but have also travelled a lot.
I can speak these languages:
English (fluent)
Italian (conversation able)
Thai (conversation able)
German (can understand a fair bit but not really speak it)

I stopped going to highschool, at an international school here in Thailand before I finished my final year (I've completed until year 12 for British curricular standards, or grade 11 for American standards) due to financial problems.
I do not have any work experience besides watching my father build up four reputable businesses while growing up. I haven't been able to work here after leaving school, mainly due to the fact that living in Thailand has given me no opportunity to work.
(As a foreigner living In Thailand, you need to find a company which will provide a work visa which I could not find. Also, businesses here do not want a foreign worker unless they are very skilled/experienced, which I am not )

The question:
I would like to know if anyone thinks I am capable of finding a job when I move to the Netherlands. I will be living somewhere in a 30-45 minute train ride distance to Amsterdam.

The reason I ask this question is because I have no work experience, no extra curricular achievement, I do not speak dutch and I have been living in Thailand. On paper (like for example on a CV) I am afraid my profile will look weak and I will be discarded as a possibility left, right and center. I feel no employer will take interest in a person like me.

What do you think?

THANK YOU to anyone who took the time to read this. I would so very much appreciate a reply!
Much love from Thailand, hope to see you soon Holland!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page are links to different parts of our website, the Handy Tools section will give you access to our Expat Guides, they may help you in planning your journey.  There is also a link to our Jobs section; check that out and see if there is anything you can find that may be suitable.

To answer your specific questions, you're 19, have no high-school or further education diploma, no relevant work experience and don't speak Dutch.  My opinion is that as is, you'll struggle in Holland and it begs the question - why there, why not an English speaking country?  It's a fact that no Dutch kid leaves school without some kind of diploma and most companies/agencies won't even talk to you without one.

Assuming that you have no choice about moving to Holland, what you need to do is learn Dutch and get some qualifications.  You're now too old to go to a Dutch state school; does your family have the money to send you to a language school in Holland to learn Dutch?  Do you have any hobbies that could lead to a qualification; can you drive; if so, do you have someone who can give you the money to get a drivers diploma so you could get a job driving a truck?

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team