VITAS & KITAS

Hi there,

I am a Singaporean moving to Jakarta with my Husband (British). We will be collecting our VITAS at the  Indonesia Embassy in Singapore beginning of April. Understood that after collecting our VITAS, we are supposed to go back to Indonesia and apply for KITAS.

Anyone knows how long can we still be in Singapore after collecting the VITAS at Indonesia Embassy in Singapore?

You have 30 days to have the Kitas sorted at the correct Immigration office in Indonesia and you need to ensure you push this along to get it done..

30 days.  It's best to travel to Indonesia well within the time frame and then report to your nearest immigrasi office ASAP in neat long pants,  covered shoes and a collared shirt.  And a wide smile and happy attitude. 

Remember to go online and complete the kitas application as the website address is on your paperwork that you receive other than the insert in your passport.  It's on the telex that is sent to the overseas embassy. 

You can complete the application form at your local immigrasi and via two return visits will make payment in rupiah (approx 2.055M each)  then have your identifying particulars recorded through photograph and fingerprints.  About 5 working days in total (I did my spousal kitas at Surabaya). 

I'm pretty sure you need two passport pics with a red background and originals & copies of all your documents listed as part of your application.

If your sponsored they will need to attend too. 

Your passports will be held for processing by immigrasi but you can use their official receipt as proof that you can't provide ID if checked by immigration within the city.

Hope this helps 

David

@lukereg @supadave

Thank you so much!

Sama2. Your welcome.

My pleasure, I hope it all works out for you

Supadave wrote:

......your identifying particulars recorded through photograph and fingerprints.  About 5 working days in total (I did my spousal kitas at Surabaya). 
I'm pretty sure you need two passport pics with a red background and originals & copies of all your documents listed as part of your application.

Great information (the complete post), though I want to mention that in Bandung and Tasikmalaya they do not take fingerprints (saying that they already got it through the system when you entered at the Airport), and they also take the photographs themselves (with a camera connected to a computer, which is linked to an app with your application).

But rather take the photos just incase you need it, because if not, you can surely use it somewhere in the future.

Hi there

Could you please help  :/

Can you tell me what you mean by the correct immigration office ? Can I go to any immigration office on arrival ? We are arriving in to Jakarta and our place of residence is Jepara

Sal

You have to go to the immigration office for your area, in your case probably the one in Pati.
It isn't all that far and it's easy to find. However, if you are under a company, they should do most of the work for you. I've yet to see an immigration office without a photocopy shop within 20 yards so don't worry too much about copies until they ask.

https://goo.gl/maps/QEopUag7zEYLtb6i6

I know that area reasonably well - Nice people.
As for what you'll need, take everything you can think off. Make sure your your birth/marriage/whatever certificates are legalised in case they ask for them, it has been known.

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

Pati, if that turns out to be your office, is under the Semarang office, the area office being where you have to go to get the local office's stuff accepted.
However, it's a very long time since I've had to go through this so, if you're really lucky, the system might have been cleaned up.

What brings you to this fine country?