Moving to KL in 2 months

I'm moving to KL in a couple of months. I'm from Spain, living in Madrid currently. I would like to know where I could go to find people from Spain or Argentina in KL. Is there places where they hang out???
Thanks

Hiya I think you will find that there are not that many expats in kl relatively and best to just network. A  friend  of mine is Spanish and she was in kl at the same time as me and I think she only met 2 other Spanishlatin american speakers while there! If I had stuck to Brits I would have had about one friend lol. I know embassies have events, one polish friend said there were exactly 57 poles in kl at that time but he never found them socially. So try your embassy but just join groups as there are bound to be people around. Also this site you can search via networks

I will be back in august myself after 6 years away so will be out networking myself

Hi Suvarela,

you should have a look to the KL expat network:
Spanish in Kuala Lumpur ;)

hope this helps,

Julien

Hi,
Thanks a lot, Nemodot and Julien.

Nemodot, I know there will not be a lot of Spanish/Spanish-speakers in KL, and of course I will try and meet people from others nationalities, it's just that it would be nice to meet people of my own language there... :)

Julien, I tried to contact the people in the link you sent me, hope somebody will give some information.

Thanks again to both of you.

Hola Suvarela!

There are not so many spanish speaking people in KL, but you can find them easily by hanging out at the "Pinchos" which is a bar in Changkat Street (street with lot of bars near Bukit Bintang), you just need to walk there few minutes before hearing hispanic words...;)

Nassim

not sure of this.
though i know residential places where the aussies, koreans are o'er here, and also the iranians (high class ones) are in KL

and yes, they're literally all pilled up together in that same area - even *gasps

and i saw for iranians - like one apartment? :P

Nassim_from_Paris wrote:

Hola Suvarela!

There are not so many spanish speaking people in KL, but you can find them easily by hanging out at the "Pinchos" which is a bar in Changkat Street (street with lot of bars near Bukit Bintang), you just need to walk there few minutes before hearing hispanic words...;)

Nassim

this is true. there're also portuguese and turkish speaking people there

I am not from Spain nor Argentina, but i can help you to explore some places here in KL whereby international folks use to hang out. you certainly will meet some Argentinian and or Spanish's.