Moving soon from France to Vancouver

Hello,

We are considering moving soon to Vancouver, coming from Paris, France. Our daughter will most probably go the the french school in North Vancouver, where in this case we would live. However, I will work in Richmond area.

So 2 questions to you guys :

1. I have heard that the traffic in Vancouver is awful ... what is in your view the average time from North Vancouver to Richmond ? 45 min ? 1 hour ?

2. Is there any other GOOD French school in downtown Vancouver or even Richmond ?

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Hello,

First, congratulations on your future move to Vancouver, hopefully it is going to be a nice adventure for you and your little family!

Coming from Paris, the traffic jam here are going to look ridiculous to you, I am sure. My partner works in North Vancouver and his commute from downtown is rarelly painful. I don't know how it is for North Van to Richmond though...

How old is your daughter? I am assuming she is probably old enough to go to primary school.
Unfortunately there is only the French school in North Vancouver which is going to provide your daughter with a French curriculum (c'est a dire de l'Education Nationale Francaise ). The other francophone schools follow the Canadian curicculum, but all courses are in French.

There are French IMMERSION schools in Vancouver but I don't think it is what you are looking for your daughter, as she is already fluent in French and those schools are designed for pupils who are native English speakers. Plus the French language mainly taught in those schools is Canadian French.

So if you want more information about which school to chose for your daughter, please read this article about French and Francophones schools in Vancouver : http://2vancouver.com/fr/articles/guide … -vancouver

Bonne chance dans votre recherche!

Margaret