Marriage and Birth certificate attestation

Hi,

I am an Indian and in year 2007, I worked in KL on employment pass and had bought my spouse on dependent visa. We returned to India in the end of year 2007.

Since June 2017, I am working in KL on EP, I wish to apply for dependent visa for my spouse and kids.

Do I still need to submit the attested marriage certificate? In year 2007, dependent visa is stamped on my spouse passport, which is old one and now her passport is renewed to a new one. Spouse names are mentioned in both of our passports.

What is the dependent visa process for kids? Parents name (both father and mother's name) are mentioned in the kid passports.

Note: In year 2016, I had travelled to Malaysia along with my spouse and kids on tourist visa. After this travel, my spouse and kids passport's got renewed and all of them possess new passports now. Will the tourist visa stamping help in dependent visa processing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Do I still need to submit the attested marriage certificate?
Yes, according to the ESD Guide: https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

What is the dependent visa process for kids?
Same as for your wife's DP but it needs their birth certificate

BUT - if you are going to enrol them in international schools they would then change the DP for a Student Pass after enrolment. The student pass is only needed after 7 years of age.

All your other questions are irrelevant

Do, however, ask your HR to confirm with ESD or MDEC because rules change frequently. The issue is Malaysia does not practice having the spouse and child names in passports like in India.