Cooking like a local in Greece

Hello,

Enjoying the local food of your expat country is great, but learning to cook the dishes yourself is even better. Please share what it's like cooking like a local in Greece.

What are some of the most popular local dishes that are easy to prepare?

What are the most common ingredients used in dishes in Greece? Where can you purchase them?

Is there a specific technique or a secret ingredient to master the local cuisine?

Are there resources available to teach you to cook like a local (classes, websites, etc.)?

What are the advantages of learning to prepare local dishes in Greece?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

hi!
Greek cuisine is a Mediterranean Cuisine which consist mostly on vegetables. and precisely fresh ones. Ilove food and cooking I' m based in chania crete' Ihave choosen this place mainly because of the fresh bio product. the most used ingredient is tomatoes good quality olive oil is a must Feta cheese from goat which isthe local On e but also cow Feta cheese is available in the market
the foodof greece is simple balanced of course oregano is thestar
Ihave ablog of food and you can Collect some Recipes that will be added soon
the famous Odishes:
Kleftiko which is meat(Lamb) with potato. Cooked slowly in the oven.
Greek salad : tomato' onion, Capsicum, Cucumber black olives Feta cheese oregano Sauce: Vinegar Olive oil B.Pepper.
Sardines grilled
grilled fish
stuffed vegetables(tomato,~ capsicum/ Zucchini and Zucchini Flowers vine leaves
Gavros( Fried small fish)
Giros'(wrapped Sandwiches with meat in pita bread)
Octupos
Calamaris
Chicken Cooked in Wine
I will start posting recipes in instagram with places I'm discovering in crete island especially as I'm also making some fusion.
check instg: sakina boulal