Quality of Life

Vienna has done it again 9th time in a row for best city in the world for quality of living.

https://mobilityexchange.mercer.com/Ins … g-rankings

Only been there once and managed to get a parking ticket for my troubles (I'd only been there an hour)!  Luckily, I was driving a car with a funny number plate and they couldn't get me. :)

I agree, it's a lovely place.

Cynic wrote:

Only been there once and managed to get a parking ticket for my troubles (I'd only been there an hour)!  Luckily, I was driving a car with a funny number plate and they couldn't get me. :)

I agree, it's a lovely place.

Park between 12pm and 1pm on the street and it's always free. Its when the wardens have their lunch break. It even states that on the ticket machines. :D

I had some business with an Austrian Government department, so just needed a stamp on a bit of paper so I could go to the Bahnhof and get my goods released; I was away from my car for 5 minutes.  When I got back, the Traffic Warden was in the process of writing my ticket and they use the number plate to recognise the car and his book was telling him it was registered in Belgium; but it wasn't, it was a UK diplomatic plate, issued in Germany.  In the end, he wrote what effectively said "I haven't got a clue" across the ticket and handed it to me.  I had it framed and hung on the office wall.