POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE Requirements for a UK citizen

Hi,

I am seeking an engineering role in Qatar and would appreciate if anyone could please advise if I would require a police clearance certificate if I was offered a job.  I have previously worked in Qatar around 2011 and did not require to provide one then however, after reading about the requirements for a certificate of good conduct in the UAE I am now not sure.  I have searched the web but can not seem to find a clear answer.

FYI, I have minor traffic convictions from 1997 and 2002, if I was required to provide a certificate would this result in my visa application being declined?

Thanks.

Henry

Oh not at all , traffic infractions are not considered as criminal , so it will not even show in your Police Clearance Report . this is one is used only if you convicted by court for any criminal case . hope it's clear now .

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I know that even if my convictions are spent they will show on a Uk police certificate as 'No Live Trace' which means that I have had past convictions.

I guess what I am really after is if all employment visa's in Qatar require a certificate or just jobs such as Teachers who work around children.

I have just got a job as a Clinical Coder in Doha and have to get a Police Clearance Certificate and since 2016 you also have to get it attested.