Social Contributions in Spain (Tarifa Plana)

Hello everyone,

My name is Nicki and I am new to the group :-) I am very much interested in moving to Spain and am reading up a lot about the country and its laws.
I recently read the following about social contributions:

"Those newly registered as self employed will be able to pay a flat rate social security contribution of just €50 a month for the first year (up from the current limit of six months)....Men under 30 and women under the age of 35 will enjoy this discount for three years, instead of the default one year introductory period."

Does anyone know if this is true? If I would only have to pay 50€ social contributions per month for 3 years since I am under 35 years of age? Any tips or help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nicki

I'm not sure of the current detsils but there is definitely a deal on reduced social security payments for newly self employed people. The full discount used to only apply for the first six months with six monthly increases until the payments caught up with the full payment.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the info you have is correct. Just keep Googling until the weight of evidence suggests you have the current information.

Thanks for your reply :-)
I've been Googling like crazy, hoping to find an exact answer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an exact/correct answer to my question so far. Website A writes something completely different than Website B and therefore, I am still unsure about everything. It would be great, if someone knew something more precise and could help.

I don't want to spend hours on this but I had a quick look and this info, which I got from, infoautonomos dot eleconomista dot es seems to be up to date and to tie in with the government site at seg hyphen social dot es which is where the info will be right.

This is the basic scheme

Primeros 12 meses: en 2018, 50 euros justos de la cuota mínima por contingencias comunes o un 80% de bonificación en caso de cotizar por bases superiores a la mínima establecida (919,80 euros)
Meses 12 al 18: 50% de reducción durante el segundo semestre, que se quedaría en 2017 en 137,97 euros.
Meses 18 al 24: 30% de reducción durante el siguiente semestre, que se quedaría con las bases y tipos de cotización de 2017 en 192,79 euros.

But there is an additional paragraph that says

Las mujeres menores de 35 y los hombres menores de 30 tienen derecho a una reducción sobre la cuota de contingencias comunes durante los 12 meses siguientes a la finalización de la tarifa plana, fecha de efectos del alta, equivalente al 30% resultante de aplicar el tipo mínimo vigente (29,80%) a la base mínima de cotización de este régimen.

En estos supuestos la duración total de la tarifa plana será de 36 meses ininterrumpidos. Tendrá una duración de 30 meses en total, ininterrumpidos.

Which ties in with what you have heard that women under 35 have the right to a twelve month extension and that, provided you apply for the tarifa plana as you subscribe to the autónomo/self employed scheme you get 36 months on the reduced scheme though it looks as though that extra 12 months comes in at the 192,79€ rate.

As I said that was with a quick look and I don't want to have to wade through lots of turgid websites trying to find the info.

If you are in Spain any asesor will be able to tell you the ins and outs of this. If you're not you could still find an English speaking one and make the phone call from wherever you are.