Armenia expat

On vacation in Armenia for two weeks.  Are they any expat in Armenia if so, let me know so we can chat.
I'm retired military and married, wife is Colombianita.  We have a house and we are doing some remodeling to the roof on our two floor house.  Looking for contractor that can give us an estimate with warranty in case anything goes wrong.  Anyone, knows if we need to have a permit in order to start the remodeling.

I'd get in touch with this firm in Armenia and ask (there may be others of course).  It looks like you may need a Licencia de Construcción which is issued by the Curaduría:

http://www.curaduria2armenia.com/requis … nstruccion

Wsup Alcvrdan? I live in Armenia. Nice to meet you.

Hello fellow expats. I originally made a decision to settle down in Barranquilla but 3 days before my move somebody set off a bomb and killed people at the Barranquilla police station so here I am.
Love the coffee here. Black, no adulterations and strong.
Armenia is also centro. Colombia is arguably the most bio-diverse country in the world. I plan to explore Colombia at a slow pace. I've been a sports fisherman my whole life in Canada. Prefer fresh water and Amazonas looks sooooo inviting. Later for that. For now there is Los Nevados National Park as a first priority.
I do not see too many tourists walking around here so I don't know yet how popular Armenia is with expats and foreigners. I have met one American friend Living here for about a year. He says that Armenia is like Costa Rica was 10 years ago (he was the for 8 years)......virgin territory and inexpensive.
If there are any expats living in Armenia I would like to hear from you? My American friend says I am the first one he has met here. Anybody planning to visit here can let me know? I have a few good local contacts now. They have been a great help to me with my locating here and they can help you too if you wish. Especially if you don't speak spanish well.
I'm a health nut so can share in that area also if you are interested. Many expats settled in Medellin but I found the pollution there unacceptable. Different stroke for different folks I guess. I plan to take out the maximum amount of monthly pension money I can so I pay attention to my health. If you need a scoby let me know, I got lots heheheh I walk every day and don't mind company.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear some replies  :D
Reply Quote
Quick post
CanadaDoug

Unsubscribe

Hey Dumluk

It's centro and it's cheap to live here.  Kinda like why Ford or Chevy or Volkswagen??? I have been traveling for over a year now and want to stop at least for a while. Whatever I do peeps will always disagree and have a "better" place to live (or car).
I will explore Colombia at my leisure now. I left Canada to see new things....eye candy. New cultures, smells, ambiance. When I visit Bogota and Medellin and their "malls" I think "why am I here?" "This is the same". What is the difference from Canada?
Give me the Colombian mercado in Cartagena over the walled city. Spent 2 days there and was the only "foreigner" in sight. It was wonderful especially the fish soup.
Many people here in Armenia talk about a nearby town called Salento. It is a tourist town and they recommend that I go see it. It is the last place I want to go. I prefer Armenia, the untidy streets, the crazy wreckless traffic, the loud Colombian merchants, the street vendors, the smells, the "ambiance".
And Dumluk....brought my beautiful latina partner with me from Medellin  ;)
I understand how retired people like Medellin and the big city life. They seek a comfort like their origin. They choose to live within their paradigm. I embrace change. I choose the best coffee and the eye candy of a fresh start in Armenia. Colombia is wonderful so far. Yes I know it can be dangerous but the month i left my safe, cozy little home town in Canada 6 months ago....there was a double homicide with a long rifle.

Thanks SunsetSteve.

I'm making a to do list now and will research Finlandia on the net because of your suggestion.
When I grew up in Canada I was in a pretty isolated very small town. Spent my formative years fishing and wandering around in the forest. Because of that I am curious about the National Parks here. I need my green and grounding periodically. I lived in Vancouver for 16 years so I am aware of how cities attract. It just feels better for me to be isolated surrounded by real unadulterated nature at times. Can't wait to go sport fishing in Amazonas heheh Later for that while I recover from the expenses of settling down in one place and paying the fees for my 3 year visa.
When I see organized "tours" and party ship cruises it provides no attraction for me. Not to mention the expenses are greatly elevated. I thrive on local color and nature. No fear, open mind and not stuck in a paradigm. Bring it on! My instincts tell me I have arrived at the right place at the right time in my life.
The Park of Life here in Armenia was a breath of fresh air for me...pun intended. 1 dollar.

Note: it's Filandia, from "daughter of the Andes". Nothing to do with Finland! 🤠 The young owner of Hosteria de mi Pueblo speaks English

How are you? Back in states until retirement in March let's keep in touch men getting my visa spouse visa soon so just waiting I love Armenia we live en el barrio el limonar very secluded from the hustling centro