Exploring the Beauty of Ecuador

I am an American retired man living in cumbaya--I will like to see and explore the country in a safe and economical fashion--Since I plan to travel alone and not familiar and no kne owledge of Spanish I like some input as to the best way I plan my travel or if a tour company offersEcuadorr tours---no major cities--Any other ideas as to how best to select a travel route ----I am an outdoors man and love nature walks===Thanks

Ok considering you live in Cumbayá, I suggest you take advantage of the 1 day tours that originate from Quito. You can experience Cotopaxi, Papallacta, Quilotoa, and Octavalo. These tours are organized and affordable costing around $70 per tour. You can buy tickets at the north end of Carolina park (near Quicentro) on Naciones Unidas street and shyris, just walk about 100 feet from Shyris towards Amazonas on the same side of the park. You will see the tour booth, and you can get information and buy your tickets there. If you go early you might see the double-decker tour buses in front.

Thanks very kindly----dodd

if you want to see something  very ecuadorian. Get into Kitchwa territory. Go to Tena in Napo province and early in morning take bus to Papanku  will be an eye opening experience

In Cumbaya we meet (today) each Tuesday 1:30pm for lunch at 'el patio' food court next door to the Primavera 1, UPC police station - rodondel / round about, if you would like to hang out and discuss Ecuador. You may like snow capped Cayambe, Otavlao Indigenous Mkt. and Cotacachi Leather Craft Town, 2 hrs North of Quito, all accessible via the Carcelyn North Quito Bus Terminal,
Welkome to town,
JA