Small unpaid credit card due of 6,750 SR

So my dad received a letter from his bank stating that if he will not pay the said amount of  6,750 SR (unpaid since his vacation to the Philippines from Dec 2017 until present) that he will go to jail or hold his passport or block him from Jawasat.  We are having financial problems at the moment and we are only able to pay that amount around next month.  Is that possible to ask them for an extension?

Your dad should directly call the bank and explain his situation, so the bank can give your dad a chance or an extend date I hope

Thank you I already told my dad to do that.  He just worried about filing case against him for small amount of debt and they had been harassing him.

Talk to the bank and agree a payment plan with them.  Generally if you show intent to pay, they work with you and give you options.  Unless the amount is really overdue or you have broken the terms of any previously agreed payment plans.

It was only unpaid from Dec 2017 and due to his vacation and a lot of financial problems at the moment he is unable to pay that for three months now. He came back end of January and the company has to deduct awful huge amount on his tickets and other bulls he has to pay within the 1 and a half month since he got back.

Good day, I would like to ask help from you guys coz I really don't know what to do, I was terminated just 2nd week of march (working for almost 3 years) and the sad truth I only get 500 sar from the company as my final termanation pay,.my problem is I still have loan balance amounting to 7000 sar and I will be the one to buy my own ticket going home 😟😢😭I just wanna go home....huhuhu

Sorry to hear that.   Not sure what your question is though?

What will I do with my loan balance?I have nothing left....

Absolute worst case, book a ticket and leave.  But in the future, you will have problems in coming back to Saudi.

I don't have plan of returning back...I just want to go home...is there no problem in immigration if ever I will leave?

Final exit and loan are not linked.  But if you wait for it to become overdue; the bank can lodge a complaint at which stage you won't be allowed to leave.

Ok thank you for your reply...I was able to pay the due last week..but the balance I don't know

I hope poster should be now in his home. only want to give idea to other peoples.
one of my friend have loan here in saudi arabia, company terminated him. he took his settlement paper to bank and informed them that he can't pay loan as company terminated him. bank asked him to pay half amount. he pay half and got clearance from bank.
one other friend in UAE he also used his credit card dues, that time UAE have crisis, his company was terminating peoples, he tell company to terminate him, get termination letter from company and give to bank and informed them that he can't pay. bank gave him clearance without any money. he went back and came back to UAE with new company. then no need to pay bank as he already got clearance.