Suggestions for car

Dear All,

I am looking to buy a new car in Jakarta under or equal to 300 Million IDR. I prefer an SUV over a sedan. Kindly request you to share your kind suggestions. Confused between Toyota Rush vs Honda HRV vs Mitsubishi Xpander. Please suggest amongst these 3 cars or some other car and share your logic behind the same which will help me in making the decision.

Thanking you.

Warm Regards,

Pritesh Shetty

My first suggestion will make life easier - Don't buy a car unless you really have to.

My second is simple. I overtook a Porsche and a Jag a couple of weeks ago in my 1500cc van. Big posh cars don't go very fast in traffic jams.

Jams in that area are terrible and parking is likely to be a problem unless you have your own space at work and a space where you live.

Last up - Don't buy anything until you get a local licence and be sure to note, if there's a bump, it's the foreigner's fault.

Other than that, just wander around the local dealers and lay your cash on the table. Prices are generally high but there's an automatic discount for anyone who asks.
You can register the vehicle in your own name without a problem if you have a KITAS.

I quite like the Suzuki Karimun. It only costs slightly over a hundred million rupiah and is more spacious than it appears. It is also very economical to run.

Me personally I would stay clear of the lower end Mitsubishi, Toyota and Honda are pretty solid motors, I prefer Toyota over Honda but it's down to personal preference, I've dealt with both Toyota and Honda, after sales and I feel Toyota edge it

You could get a Daihatsu MPV, cheap and spacious.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your kind response. The car will be provided by the company as it is very much required as I am from sales profile. License also manageable. Just have to tell my car preference and thus, was confused. Thanks!

Thank You Gwmeath for your wonderful suggestion!

Thanks Abdul. Not a big fan of Suzuki actually and would like to buy a higher range utility vehicle.

Thanks Abdul..how is the car performance and after sales service any idea?

Just one bit of advice especially if your driving in heavy traffic and a new car ( though this probably won't effect you with it being a company vehicle) if the car comes with eco mode dont use it for the first 1500km or so drive it in normal mode or power mode you'll do more harm than good

Thank you for your valuable suggestion Gwmeath. I will keep that in mind not to use Eco mode for the first 1500 kms

You have to choose based on likely use.
If you're flying up and down the toll roads, a slightly bigger engine is going to be a good idea, but city driving requires a smaller car or you'll have trouble finding parking places. Make sure it's less than 2.1 M tall or you won't be able to get into a lot of parking areas.
Jakarta traffic sometimes gets above 40kph, but 20 or less is a lot more common.
Toll roads can see 100kph on a good day, but usually less if you don't want to die and/or kill people.
My 1500cc engine is good for both, but I would want something bigger if I was doing long distance stuff all the time.

Thanks a lot Fred! Toyota Rush 2018 or Honda HRV which one do you suggest?

I have no experience of either type so I'm unable to offer recommendation as to specific vehicles.

Take both for a test drive see how the feel and handle, I think they are both 1.5 possibly options for 1.8 (maybe that's the older model?)
I've drove both models but I do sway towards Toyota, but the HRV BRV and CRV are pretty decent vehicles

I would advise you get test drive insurance (or ask if your covered) last time I bought it was roughly 500,000IDR?

Ah, insurance - When you buy a car, it will normally come with insurance but make sure they add third party or they probably won't.

Hi Pritesh,

I just wouldn't decide yet. Test drive them both and then decide. You'll probably find one of them easier to drive than the other.

Abdullah

Pritesh Shetty wrote:

Thanks a lot Fred! Toyota Rush 2018 or Honda HRV which one do you suggest?

If it's small SUV City SUV , try test drive the newly launched Toyota CHR as well.