Dengue fever, Malaria etc.

Hi everyone,
We are going to move to Jeddah soon and I've already found the info that there is the risk of some highly infectious diseases transferred trough mosquitoes ( dengue fever, malaria etc.)
I'm really concerned because we have a toddler with mosquito- bites allergy...
My question is to families with kids: how do you cope with the risk of the infections? What do you do to protect your kids and yourself? Are the mosquitoes there all year or only few months ( if so when?) is it better to live in an apartment instead of villa with garden to avoid the mosquitoes?
Sorry, if the questions sound silly but I'm really worried...
Thank you

No Idea about Dengue fever, Malaria etc.
but mosquitoes is in Jeddah not everywhere specially where no water or garden is located
you can prefer apartment flat higher floor flat to avoid mosquitoes
i am here for 4 years but only this year i can really see mosquitoes

@KAL_09 - I think the usual precautions from mosquito-borne diseases would be sufficient: removing all stagnant water around the house which could become a breeding ground, ensuring all windows/doors/openings are covered during sunrise/sunset to limit exposure to mosquito, and above all - use mosquito repellents!

That's how we manage it in Malaysia where Malaria and Dengue are still a prevalent issue (in some areas). Come to think of it, I rarely ever keep the windows and doors open for long here (which is kinda sad) - due to the heat and dust.