Green card.

Hello all. I'm mahmud. I live in uk and recently married a us citizen who lives in Guam.. I been the 3 times and she's been to uk too. I travelled 3 time on my first esta.  I applied for my 2nd esta first 1 expired.  I was approved to travel.  I got to Korea airport for the second flight and was denied entry to fly to Guam. They rang us customs and was told there was a problem with my esta.had to wait 17 hours for flight back home.. now she is potitioning me for a green card.  But I don't think I will get approved as I have a few convictions.. I will receive my police certificate in a few days and I'm sure it's not going to be good.  My convictions are... attempted burglary  about 30 years ago.. and cultivation of cannabis about 25 years ago.  . Also possession of cannabis about 20 years ago.  And theft of push bike about 30 years ago.. I think my chances of getting a green card is zero.. can any please tell me if there is any chance of getting a green card.. Sorry for the long post.. any information will be very much appreciated.. thank you..

A mate of mine got a minor fraud conviction 20+ years before he applied for a tourist visa to the states and had massive job getting even that. That suggests your chances are limited.

Hello Fred. Thanks for the response.. I just wanted some information on what others may no off or been through.. I know it's my own fault but really don't seem far to be punished twice. Did your mate evetuly get his visa..

She has to file for a waiver based on your convictions.

Thanks for replying two steps.. do you think I will have a chance getting a green card.. you can be straight up with me mate..

Marm1 wrote:

Hello Fred. Thanks for the response.. I just wanted some information on what others may no off or been through.. I know it's my own fault but really don't seem far to be punished twice. Did your mate evetuly get his visa..

He did. Took a long time and what he described as 'a grilling' at the US embassy in London.
All for a two week holiday.

Glad he got it in the end.. but still getting treated like a criminal after all the years.. not good at all.. I really in two minds to go through it all with my record.. I will do it for my wife. If I get denied just have to move somewhere else that don't get interrogated.. thank for your input Fred..

Get the old court records, police reports and whatever you can lay your hand on. You will need it to support the waiver.

Marm1 wrote:

Glad he got it in the end.. but still getting treated like a criminal after all the years.. not good at all.. I really in two minds to go through it all with my record.. I will do it for my wife. If I get denied just have to move somewhere else that don't get interrogated.. thank for your input Fred..

If your ESTA 1 and 2 were approved how did you answer the question about arrest records? Let your immigration attorney know up front. I bet that the incident in Korea had nothing to do with your background.

I replied no to my convictions on the esta form.. That's probably not going to do me any favours when they find out.. if you were in my shoes Fred would you still try to apply for a green card.  I really can't think why they denied me at Korea.  Lady at the transfer desk said there was a problem with my esta and that she has to call cbp.. so she called . After 15 dreaded mins she said I can't go on next flight to Guam.  She then give me a ticket back to uk..

Marm1 wrote:

I replied no to my convictions on the esta form.. That's probably not going to do me any favours when they find out.. if you were in my shoes Fred would you still try to apply for a green card.  I really can't think why they denied me at Korea.  Lady at the transfer desk said there was a problem with my esta and that she has to call cbp.. so she called . After 15 dreaded mins she said I can't go on next flight to Guam.  She then give me a ticket back to uk..

I strongly suggest you fill out your petition correctly and advise your immigration attorney of the mistake up front.

If I understand you correctly you dealt with an airline employee in Korea and did not question why you were not allowed per CBP.  Have you contacted this airline and requested answers?

I travelled with Korean air.  The ticket lady at the counter said she is not allowed to tell me why I was denied and just told me there was a problem with my esta..  she also said the we are just the airline company and don't get involved with esta.. when I got home I rang us embassy in Washington dc and after he checked he said the only way around this problem was to apply for a visa.. I asked a few times what was the problem and he kept on saying sorry sir I can't tell you why.. my wife lives in Guam and she is at the start of sending the first form for my green card.. do you think the Korean air  should tell me why I was denied entry to Guam..

First of all - there is no US Embassy in Washington, DC

Marm1 wrote:

I replied no to my convictions on the esta form...

Marm1 wrote:

still getting treated like a criminal after all the years.

You're a criminal now.
You've just admitted false declarations when filling out a federal application form, a very serious crime in the US.

As the UK shares information with the US, they'll probably be aware of your convictions so you're very likely buggered for life.
If by some freak of luck they don't know, you would be in very serious trouble if you finally got to the states and they found out. Expect rapid arrest and prison time followed by deportation.

Thanks for your opinion Fred  sounds like a waste of time and money trying for a green card.

Fred wrote:
Marm1 wrote:

I replied no to my convictions on the esta form...

Marm1 wrote:

still getting treated like a criminal after all the years.

You're a criminal now.
You've just admitted false declarations when filling out a federal application form, a very serious crime in the US.

As the UK shares information with the US, they'll probably be aware of your convictions so you're very likely buggered for life.
If by some freak of luck they don't know, you would be in very serious trouble if you finally got to the states and they found out. Expect rapid arrest and prison time followed by deportation.

Having a very bad hair day, have we not?

Thanks for that two steps..  just means I will have to make other plans.. no need to rub it in with your funny comment. Usa is a great country.. well Guam is anyway. But it's not the only country..