Relocating to Brazil

Hello,

I am Naina from India and very soon I will be relocating to Sao Paulo. I have many questions. As I'm excited and nervous too. I would like to know what things we can carry from India, as I don't want to have any issues with the immigration process.

Things you can´t carry:

1. Things like plants or agricultural origins.
2. Automobile parts
3. Amount of money more than $10,000
4. Of course narcotics. And you should have a doctor´s prescription with you if you bring controlled substances into the country...

Note: You can carry items like vitamins or merchandise that´s for personal use. Multiple numbers of the same kind can be interpreted by customs as for commercial purpose and therefore taxed accordingly. Electronics can also be taxed if they consider them new and it´s brought to the country.
One big box (the allowed maximum weight limit) and 1 checked bag usually need not to be directed to the inspection area for contraband. Exceeding that at the Guarulhos Airport (São Paulo), may automatically be directed to said area.

I just remembered that since you are relocating, I can imagine that you´ll have more big boxes. Those are considered moving items. When they x-ray that at the inspection area, just tell them that  those are your moving stuff ("minhas mudanças"). They´ll let you go!

Happy trip and good luck!

robal

Thank you so much Robal for such an informative and helpful response.

You´re welcome!

robal