Work Visa Done - Guidance on Next Steps

Hi All,

My work visa just came through and i would be in Riyadh in a month or so.

I'm sure i have read through most of the threads here. However, was wondering if i could learn from expats here.

I was making a list of very critical things i need to do before i land in Riyadh:
1. Any other documentation i need to do/carry. My visa has been stamped in passport.
2. Get a international drivers license - just so that i can drive during initial days?
3. Get my marriage certificate/driving license translated in home country?
4. Basic documents i should carry when moving to Riyadh like 40 passport photos with white background?
5. Finish things which will ease out getting visa for my wife
6. Bank account conversion?
7. Accomodation search?

Anything else i should be focusing on?

Best..Rakesh

I need calls you ***

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

Hi Alomgir > maybe you can try to give some information concerning the OP questions on the forum?

Yap .. Why Not ...

I am moving to Saudi (work permit in the works), so would benefit from the replies

1) Visa, passport, pictures, marriage, birth certificates, driving licence, degrees etc.  Bring photocopies as well and attest the key documents.  Translate driving licence / marriage certificate and get it attested just to be on safe side. Generally translation not needed for documents in English
2) No point in international driving licence as you will come on a work visa and Iqama should be done within a week.  Get it if it doesn't take much time
3) Find accommodation - you can lock it based on company letter and then give Iqama copy later
4) Once you get Iqama: get a mobile phone number and apply for a bank account
5) Sort out medical insurance with employer
6) Apply for driving licence.  Depending on nationality, it can be quick or take longer. Buy or lease a car
7) Once you get Iqama, push your employer to apply for family visas as quickly as possible