Working visa’s in Mauritius

I just just recently moved to Mauritius. I have done research on the three work visa's you can get.
A self employed work permit
An Occupational work permit
An investors work permit
All these permits you apply for through the BOI.
I have heard of another kind of work permit you can get here in Mauritius, I don't know the name or who the work permit is done through but apparently it's not through the BOI.
Does anyone know anymore infomation about this permit?
I'm a qualified Primary Teacher from England but an Occupational Permit is causing a bit of hassle for schools to apply for me as they have to pay me a minimum salary per month.
I would be very grateful if anyone can shine some light on the other work permit which is not done through the BOI?
Thanks for you help.

It is called a work permit delivered by the Ministry of Labour:
https://www.workpermit.mu/eworkpermit_wkp/web/

or

http://empment.labour.govmu.org/English … fault.aspx

your prospective employer has to apply on YOUR behalf  and you have to be OUTSIDE the island whilst your application is under review.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Hello Jacqspan, i have once chatted with some guys, they are called "Premier" and they said that they can process a a work permit, will dig more tomorrow and tune you

WennMagg wrote:

Hello Jacqspan, i have once chatted with some guys, they are called "Premier" and they said that they can process a a work permit, will dig more tomorrow and tune you

Nobody can process a work permit in Mauritius except the Ministry of Labour, hence the government  !
For Occupation permit ( work permit and residence permit combo) it is reviewed , processed and delivered by the BOI, also the government of Mauritius for these categories:
1.self employed ( you can't hire staff)
2. Professional ( salary >Rs 60K except for IT)
3. Investor

Pls am interested
Kindly update me as per or whatsapp via
Would like to have the work permit in Mauritius
Currently am on a visit visa in Mauritius.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Boris555 wrote:

Pls am interested
Kindly update me as per or whatsapp via
Would like to have the work permit in Mauritius
Currently am on a visit visa in Mauritius.

FYI: A tourist visa can't be switched to a work permit and you will have to leave the country.

Need to find a job and an employer first to be able to apply for one.

ok