Finding a rental that allows pets

Hi
I'll be moving over to Hanoi in July and am wondering what the status is like finding rental properties that allow cats. I'm trying to avoid a high-rise rental although my cats are indoor boys. I'll be looking in the Hai ba Trung district or as close to.

Many thanks

Wendy

We never had problems moving with our dog.

What kind of properties did you stay at?

private apartment 10,000,000 a month. Now in Hai Phong, private house.

Hi Tommy we are looking  to move to vietnam with two poodles in the coming months. We have a mini and a standard Poodle.
Did you find there was any difficulty with real estates renting a place with a yard. And if so, how easy was it to find a private owner to rent from? Really appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Steve

In Ha Noi, any apartment above 5 mil VND per month is basically pet friendly. Just make sure your pets are well trained and keep the noise down at night (if any). Hanoi rental apartments tend to have thin ceilings and even thinner walls

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks for your reply,  very informative.

i live in royal city in hanoi fo r2 years with 1 poodle and 2 cats and no problems.when we adopted an alaskan husky we moved to riverside in a villa because we needed more room and an husky in an apartment is not accepted ( in spite that our neighbour had a golden retreiver) now we rent a large villa in Long Bien and have 3 poodles,2 alaskan malamute and 2 cats and landlord did not say anything.

When I was in Hanoi, it felt like it was more pet friendly than Saigon but I only had limited exposure to both cities but just felt more pet friendly.

i never live in hcmc but hanoi is so so for pets.the majority of vietnam people are afraid of dogs and treat them like any other type of animal ( pig ,chicken) they don't seem to understand dog psychology ( lots of them keep the dog in a cage in the house) so the dog naturally misbehave and the owner blame the dog.... when we walk our malamute who are big quiet geant dogs ,some people literally freakout ,change side or tell us we should not walk them in the street..

SergGugu wrote:

when we walk our malamute who are big quiet geant dogs ,some people literally freakout ,change side or tell us we should not walk them in the street..

Some people react that way to pitbulls here in the US which are great dogs if they are raised correctly.