Saudi contract: Need quick help please

My employer has suddenly decided I'm not a good fit for my current position, and they want me to transfer to another position in another city.

However, everything that is stated in my contract (primarily salary) is in question. They have told me that I will not sign another contract, but that I will be paid less. I don't know how much, because I don't have anything in writing as there won't be a new contract, and suddenly the push is on to pack up and move out of my current adobe... nothing is clear or set in stone.

Since I'm still in my probation period, everything seems to be up in the air, and I'm at a disadvantage.

What are my right and leverage points (morally and legally if any)?

Thanks a lot.

Honeycomb ,

First of all I'd pray for you to get out of this hazle issue . As long as there is a contract keep it with you and never never give it back to them even if they tell you " give us the old contract to renew and give you the new one " If you don't have it then you have to figure out as follow :

1-You working in position but then they want to move you to another position which is lower salary and tasks..

2- Legally they can move you to another City and if you say " no I can't or I WON'T " then they have the right to fired you and you will lose the rights of the Service End rewards " so watch out !

3- Your rights in this case is " what is written in the contract if you have it " and my quick advise : If you notice this quick changes in your career right now , I'll advise you to think about another serious employer who respect the contract carefully .. Don't make the same mistake I did before .

Thank you for replying Somer.

I do have my contract, and they haven't asked for it back. They told me I wouldn't get a new contract. Instead, I will continue on the current contract with a salary adjustment. That's what will happen if I accept the new position.

If I don't, I will be paid my salary up until today, they will buy the flight home, and they will not object if I receive another offer in Saudi...

Then it is your decision though .. if they are ok to move to another job or sponsor then you must found better chance and good stability in contract ..

I think that's good advice. Thank you Somer.

honeycomb42 wrote:

I think that's good advice. Thank you Somer.

You are welcome Honeycomb

Dear Honeycomb,
                                Since you are in your probation period, which is probably your first three months on the job, both parties, i.e. you and the employer have the right to terminate the contract within this time frame.

Your end of service reward given this very small timeframe is negligible. However, what they are offering is not in line with Saudi Labor law. If they want to give you a smaller salary then this has to be done through a new employment contract and cannot be done legally in the way you have described.

They can request that you transfer to another city/location if this is mentioned in your contract, if it is not, then you have the right to refuse, in which case they may probably terminate your services.

As such, my advice would be to do whatever serves your interest, if you have no other job options readily available right now, I would take their offer, provided this is done properly through a contract etc. If they refuse to provide, then you should receive your original salary as per your contract and you can complain to the labor office if they refuse. However, you need to validate the consequences of getting into a legal dispute with the Company. So you might want to just comply with their requirement until you find something better if you want to stay in the Kingdom. If you do not care about this, I would go all out on my rights and see where that leads me.

Good luck!

The option of going back home legally is better as long as you can request for NOC (No Objection Certificate) so that you can apply again from various Saudi companies/employers. Praying for your discernment that serves both your well-being and security. Good luck.

Dear
From your story I can tell that those people aren't bad people, and it depends on the nature of your job and your situation back home, if you are satisfied with the new salary accept their offer and later on if they trust you and you got along with them you can readjust everything including salary