Spouse visa application on Hold at Belgium embassy

Hello,

My name is Harsha and my Wife applied for the dependent visa via VFS. Today I received a message from Embassy of Belgium stating that the Visa application is on hold. Does anyone know what are the possible reasons to put the visa application on hold? is it the normal procedure ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Harsha Shah

Hello,

Administrative services being overloaded with files, there are several possible reasons:
- review of the file submitted at a later date
- documents under audit at the international level
- list of missing documents being written

Hi Harsha,

I too got the same response just after 2 days of the application submission. I was also confused for a while. Then I realized they are not using correct verb to explain the situation.

When they say the application is on hold, it does not mean that your application is not moving forward or withheld. It just mean that they cannot give the response immediately since the application will undergo verification in Brussels.

Don't worry.

When did you submit application?

If you have more questions then contact me at ***
Kr,
MAnish Gupta

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@manish3889 Hi manish. I have the same scenario, the status of my dependent visa is kept as hold ":Your visa application reference number is on hold at the Embassy of Belgium/Consulate General of Belgium" , We have submitted the document on 30  May 2023  and status is now changed as this on 02 June 2023.

But i do not have any idea for what scenario the application is put on hold, and we dont have proper channel to check for the current status.

Appreciate your response

This most likely means your file is sent to Belgium. it takes a few months to get a decision if this is the case.

@Aneesh Thanks Aneesh... Hope this holiday season should not delay more than what is expected.. We got admission and blocked the seats for our kids here in Brussels.. They have to start from Sep 1 this year.. For this reason, We got TC from the school where they are currently studying in India. Can we expect this Visa before Sep?

@Aneesh, @phipiemar

Hope you guys are well. Could you please share if the 'Administrative Services' are currently overloaded as well?

Dears,

My wife applied for the dependent visa on April-19th till now I couldnt track the application in Dofi, could you be able help me with the link to track the same and is there any way to know the status of the application. The application was made from Bangalore, India. Probably it got initially processed from Counsalte in Mumbai.

Regards

Gavish Vastrad

Website of the Immigration Office: www.dofi.fgov.be

Hope it will be helpful

Hi @jain10ishant,

When did you applied? Am also now in the same state.

@sivadanamreddykumar visa appointment was on 14/7

Got the on hold email today.

When was urs?

@sivadanamreddykumar - appointment was on 14/7

Got the on hold email today.

When was urs?

Hi I have submitted visa application on July 7th, I have received the mail on Friday that my application is on hold.

Hello, I have received email that application is on hold because of documents missing. Where Do I need to submit documents? or who can help us to know if VFS shared all required documents or not

@nishant bawane what is the timelineof your application Nishant? DID THEY MENTIONED MISSED DOCUMENT?

@gavish121  Hi

Have you got visa approved passport ??? Can you let me know the time line of entire process please

Hi @Aneesh,

Any idea, After  visa approved in dofi, how many days will take time to deliver the passport to the mentioned address

Within 10 days you will receive passport

Hi @nishant bawane: I too received the same email from VFS today. Please could you help me to know how you submitted your documents? Or what are next steps, how much time it took for you for visa. Thanks!

@Ankita085gajbhiye when did you apply ??

I applied on 2nd November

Hi @nishant bawane: I too received the same email from VFS today. Please could you help me to know how you submitted your documents? Or what are next steps, how much time it took for you for visa. Thanks!

-@Ankita085gajbhiye

You can submit in person in VFS (depends on the nature of documents - some can also be sent as soft copies), do call VFS and check.

@Aneesh thanks, much!

hi everyone

Is there's anyone here recieved the same result as mine like these " En attente de la réception de documents étayant la demande de visa envoyés par valise diplomatique par le poste diplomatique/consulaire.

Could someone help me to understand what would be the possibility result after this?

It makes me worried everytime 😔😔

I'm applying a type C visa to get married in belguim

@Ankita085gajbhiye

Hi madame may I know what is the status of your visa now?

I also received the same result tru ibz and makes me worried everytime😔

It is a Good sign?

@Jerahsantillan280

Hi , I think nowadays they asked to each and every one for extra documents .

In my case from 18 oct it shows this same status then after few days i received letter from ministry about missing documents at my belgium address (new payslips ) .

Then now its one month already that i submitted my documents but every time when i call them . They said have to wait .

So no clear idea that how they are treating files and when they will give response.

@dalvirsandy123

Thank you so much for your responsed I highly appreciated.

Hope you will have the positive result this following days.

BTW you asking what kind of visa?

@Jerahsantillan280

Visa D . Non eu national .

@Jerahsantillan280 hi!

I also waiting for my visa. Can you tell me me please when did you apply?

@Darinaaas

Hi l applied last July 26,2023

@Jerahsantillan280 thanks for the answer!

@Jerahsantillan280

hi,

check what the Extra info 1: box states.

I think your file is now being sent from your embassy to the immigration office. and not that they are requiring documents for you.

If your status was not prevuously  « in trestment » then i think that  the case.

Hi.. my application was reached immigration on 6th nov. Any idea when we can expect any status change?

I found some recent changes and they are concerning ! -

"

The sponsor is a Belgian citizen:

The decision must be taken within 6 months from the date of submission of the visa application.

The sponsor is a third-country national granted permission or authorisation to reside in Belgium for a limited or unlimited period:

The diplomatic or consular post will issue a certificate of deposit (annex 15quinquies) to the applicant who submits a complete file, i.e. a file that, in principle, contains proof that all the conditions for family reunification have been met, in the required form.

The date indicated on annex 15quinquies is the starting point for the 9-month period within which the Immigration Office must take a decision. The Immigration Office may extend this 9‑month period by 3 months, twice (9 months + 1 or 2 x 3 months). In this case, the applicant is informed by the diplomatic or consular post.

The sponsor is a highly qualified worker (H card):

The diplomatic or consular post will issue a certificate of deposit (annex 15quinquies) to the applicant who submits a complete file, i.e. a file that, in principle, contains proof that all the conditions for family reunification have been met, in the required form.

"

Link - https://dofi.ibz.be/en/themes/third-cou … nification