Mandolin!

I want to buy a used/second hand/vintage folk mandolin in Romania.

I am living in Lepsa, but also visit Foscani about once a month, and have yet to find anything. I keep scouring the numerous secondhand shops in Focsani, but as yet have not found anything. I found a guitar shop in Brasov, but they only had one mandolin for sale, and it was a Fender, country and western type, and was probably over-priced.

Could, or can, anybody point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,

Michael

Saw a couple on OLX for about 200 lei. Type 'mandolina' into the search box.

Saw this one too - you could have it couriered:

Mandolina

Or same one here, bit cheaper:

Mandolina Hora

Hora is a local brand, made in Reghin, which is famous for stringed instruments. You can see their range here:

Hora Mandolins

Actually, on their site, they list a shop in Foscani that supposedly stocks their stuff:

Focsani    SC Procorev Digital SRL - Mag. 1001 Articole    Str. Mare a Unirii nr.11    0768-758190

Hey Maykal,

Thanks for this. My friend here has a Hora guitar, and it's a really nice instrument. It holds it's tune, which is half of the battle. You can just pick it up and play it! I've sent an enquiry about that one, and i'm passing through Focsani tomorrow, so i'll see if they have one in stock, and try it for size.

Thanks again,

Michael

You're welcome! I've also got a Hora classical guitar and it plays quite well (or, as well as I can play it! :D:D ). Good luck with your search.