Close

Suggestions for vodka-based cocktail

I’m travelling to St. Petersburg soon and according to some articles online people there LOVE to drink vodka. Unfortunately, I don’t. Since I’m the one travelling to a foreign country, I should adjust for them. I thought maybe a vodka-based cocktail will be a good substitute. At least it’s not the pure thing. I also don’t want to pretend that I can handle the plain vodka itself especially if I’m attending a date russian tour. Can anyone suggest a vodka-based drink that’s not too heavy on the vodka? Will really appreciate your help.

Living in any society can bring up cultural issues, but not all local customs have to be followed.
Drinking something you dislike is hardly a must anywhere, just explain you understand how popular vodka is, how you hope your friends are enjoying it, but you prefer a glass of wine instead.
o need to adjust, just accept they like something you don't, but do your own thing.

Fred :

Living in any society can bring up cultural issues, but not all local customs have to be followed.
Drinking something you dislike is hardly a must anywhere, just explain you understand how popular vodka is, how you hope your friends are enjoying it, but you prefer a glass of wine instead.
o need to adjust, just accept they like something you don't, but do your own thing.

that's a relief to hear! thanks so much. Will definitely keep this in mind and try not to think so much about the whole vodka thing when I get there :)