Waiting period: newly hired, EP and Visa

Hi.

I'm from Manila and I was offered a job by an engineering company as GL analyst. I got the job offer last Feb 27 and accepted it on the same day.

I was told that Kelly Services will be the one who will prepare my employment contract and will assist in my EP and Visa application. However, as of today, March 14,  no representative from Kelly Services has contacted me yet. Is this how it really works? Should I be worried? How many days or weeks should the employment contract, EP and VISA will be processed?

Also, I have already provided a copy of my passport, passport ID picture, my school records to the company who hired me, prior to the job offer.

Kelly are an outsourcer for companies that don't want to manage staff directly. It seems there are a lot of call centre recruitments going on at the moment, so suggest you contact them direct for further information. It's a different scenario than when the corporate employer is hiring directly and the foreign worker system is slower.

ok.. i read from another forum and from what I understand, here in the Philippines, overseas companies can no longer hire people directly and needs to get a recruitment agency, thus they get agencies like Kelly Services.

I'm just a bit worried, since this is my first overseas job and the first time to go through such processing. i sent the hr i was talking to an email to ask about this and i haven't got any response.

anyway, i'll try again.

thank you!

Hi Gravitas

I followed your advice. I emailed Kelly Services today and fortunately they responded right away.

As per Kelly, they got the hiring company's approval just this morning, so now, they will process my employment contract. They will revert back to me with the contract and documents needed for the EP processing.

which reminds me, what are the documents needed for the EP processing. the EP and Visa costs will be shouldered by the hiring company

Finally received my contract. I've already reverted back the signed ones. So usually, how long does the EP processing takes? My start date was already indicated in the contract.

Probably a minimum of 3-4 weeks. You do need a single entry Visa with Reference (VDR) to enter Malaysia to take up the job. The EP is endorsed after arrival.

You would be responsible to collect the VDR from the Malaysian consulate in home country once the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) has been issued.

There is the possibility immigration will reject the application from the employer for an employment pass for you, so do be prepared for that scenario.

So I finally saw an update in the ESD site. But it's still in draft status.

I just don't get the last submission column, it says November 30

Still the company need to submit more documents to immigiration. That why it stated as drafts.
Don't worry, for me also it showed like that. Now I already got VDR. It will approve.once the company submited the requirements of immigiration. It will take only 5 working days. ALL THE BEST

thanks! i was looking for a status update last tuesday, but no records were found. i checked again last night, fortunately and finally i saw an update, tho it was only in draft status. at least there's movement.

checked it in the morning, status was decision stage. checked it this afternoon, status changed to deferral..

Deferel means application in internal checking.

Dont worry your application is moving fast

After deferal it will change to pass approval stage

And final is pass issunace stage.

Only 2 steps to get approval of stage 1.

Within one week(working days) you will get approval if everything go smoothly.

My hr says.my ep process still in process so 22 days over still now I won't get updated information about my ep.
Employment pass status check.
Kindly send website link

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

yes, i agree. it is moving fast. i checked last friday, from draft status, it changed to documents verification. and now from decision stage to deferral. cross-fingers hope to receive positive feedback. thanks!

mohideen, you mentioned stage 1, how many stages are there?

I think the application has been put "on hold". Suggest you speak to the company who offered you the job for details.

tq for ur website link.but i have only passport no.i dont company reg no??what to do

Your offer letter should have the company registration number on it.

status result

no record found!!

There are several systems in Malaysia. IT personnel are approved via MDEC and they don't seem to have a checker anymore. Other sectors use ESD. There is also the Foreign Worker system which has no checking system.

Oh okay thank you gravitas.i ask to my hr about ep status

Seren 140.

There are 2 stages.

Once stage 1 is approved you need to single entry visa from malaysian embassy in your country.

Stage 2 will process once you reached malaysia.

so I asked my contact person with the company and told her about my concern on the deferral status. she said all applications were put on hold as internal checking by respective team is required by ES.

I also asked if there's a timetable of when it will be finalized and as expected her answer is none. but she said they were coordinating it with ESD on a daily basis.

I just hope that processing will be smooth and no hassle.

Lets hope

update

status is at Pass Issuance Stage

:)

update

I have received the vdr. I need to proceed now to the Malaysian embassy here in the Philippines.

Congratulation. Stage 1 approved. Now the comoany will ask you to get the single entry visa in malaysian consulate general in your country.

The company will send you the approval letter after you received by email you need to get Demand draft. This is india like that. Check with your HR for more details.
Now stage 2 ia automatic approval. So dont need to be worry. All the best.

thanks.

I already got the letter to be presented to the Malaysian Embassy in Manila.