Los Corales???

Hello All,

I am planning on moving to the D.R., from the US,  in the very near future.  I frequently visit about 3-4 times a year.  I am currently looking at property in Los Corales.  I was wondering if someone could tell me about the area.  Is it mostly populated by Italians, Canadians, Russians...etc?  Lots of younger, middle-age, or older people?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

What area of the country are you talking about honey?

Bavaro.  Is there more than one area called Los Corales?

Bavaro

Hi there....we bought a condo in Bavaro 4 years ago right next to Los Corales. We bought in El Cortecito. We are not there full time yet but go 3-4 times a year and plan to retire there.  We love the area! We walk, dine, beach, etc. a lot in Los Corales.  We feel very safe, no matter what time of day/night.  There is a very big mix of people in Los Corales and surrounding community. Americans/Germans/Swiss/Canadians/Russians/Italians....very diverse.  For the most part, I'd say that most people who live there are retired, but there are lots and lots of condos that are actually vacation rentals! With that being said, there are a lot of vacationers! 

We have been travelling there for about 20 years and decided that's where we want to retire.  The people are warm, friendly, and always happy and attentive. There is a lot of construction going up in Corales and surrounding areas, as well as El Cortecito.  It is very up and coming!  We love it there and can't wait to leave NYC for longer periods of time!!!  I hope this was helpful

Yes.  Thank you. so much for your input.  I have stayed in El Cortecito a couple of times so Im familiar with that area.  I've just never been to Los Corales.  Hopefully one day soon I will be able to purchase property there as well.

Hi,

Cortecito is next to Corales, you've never walked down the main street to the restaurants at least? you must walk around next time you go.  We do a lot of walking over there LOL Where are you in the States? We're from Long Island (NYC)

Yes I walked around , but only a little.  My friend, who lives in Higuey, always comes to get me and we go different places in Punta Cana & Higuey.

I live in Virginia.