Obtaining the Visa-airline tickets

Hi everyone!

My name is Laura and I am in the process of collecting documents to get a 2E Visa to France.

In order to obtain the Visa it is necessary to purchase a return ticket or have proof of sufficient financial means to purchase one ($1000). Since I will be traveling for a year, purchasing a return flight a year in advance is impossible with the airline and therefore I would like to show proof of the extra $1000 instead.

Has anyone run into a problem with this? I would love to be approved for the visa and would not want that decision to hinder my chance of approval.

Hi and welcome on the forum Laura :)

I hope other members will be able to share their experiences with you soon!

Regards
Armand

Hi Laura,
I hopefully will be doing the same thing soon, I'm planning to leave the States just after the 4th of July and look forward to hearing whatever info you're able to find out. Good luck and safe travels!
Stacey

Laura
you need to review the visa requirements at the French consular office in your country, carefully,as various visas are available short term, student etc -  all with different requirements. Any notion that you may not return home or work there will disqualify you automatically - you need to justify your reason for your lengthy stay in France, and will have to show means of support for a year and full Health coverage for the stay
- Check out Anglo Info and visa requirements The site is very informative and up to date. Long stay visas are difficult to obtain

You can also purchase a round trip ticket with open date return 
Bonne chance!

Thanks! I didn't realize I could purchase a round trip ticket with an open return date...I definitely have all the other requirements in place. Canada has a youth agreement with France for youth between 18 and 30 to go to France for various reasons easily...I am applying for the youth working holiday visa. I am expressing my interest in learning the culture for the year, especially the cuisine, while traveling around...

Hi Laurie and everyone else.

I'm in a similar situation in that I'd I'm applying for the 2E work holiday visa which is part of the youth-exchange agreement between Canada and France.

My issue is that I I was unable to get an appointment until June 9th with the Consular office and even then It may take a while (up to 3 months) to get the visa.

I had already resigned from my job and wanted to by in France by July.

My question is, as a Canadian since I'm able to go to France without applying for a short stay visa, would I be Able to apply for a visa while I'm in the country?

I'd hate to be waiting around for 3 months....

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Danilo Reyes,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I would suggest you to start a new topic on the France forum.

Thank you.