Marrying a tunisian policeman

My boyfriend from tunisia is a policeman. He tells me because of his job he is not allowed to marry a foreigner in tunisia. Can anyone tell me if this is correct. Thanks

Not true.

Not true at all I have two friends that are Tunisian Police and both are married to French woman

It is a bit of a scam here at the moment. They tell you this to try to push you to get them a visa.  Are you sure he is in the police force??

Hey Karen...
so I asked my husband about this.. he is Tunisian and his friend is a police officer... I asked if his friend could marry a woman from another country. he said because of his job he cannot marry anyone from outside of Tunisia

So let me Clarify this.  A Tunisian in the police force or the army must go through a few more steps than normal to marry a foreigner. Included is permission and authority to marry and background checks on the intended spouse. So the definitive answer is yes they can depending on permission etc.

so women can now marry non Muslims but government employees need permission to marry a foreigner lol

yes as a policeman; they need to investigate about his wife and his wife's family. So it's kind of hard

Yes . its true this is a law here And he must get out from her job to doing visa fiancée with you k1 visa is better or cr1 visa to Marry ...any other question?

Hi, I'm from Philippines and I have A Tunisian Policeman boyfriend, he said we can't get married because of his work. Is it true?

While not serving the government's herself, my ex-wife comes from a family of people that work in the Ministry of Interior and I can tell you that while marrying a foreigner can certainly disqualify a new applicant who is interested in joining the Tunisian police force, it is not categorically forbidden for someone who is a police officer to marry a foreigner. A bigger issue would be the fact that once you become a police officer in this country, it is usually impossible, or rather very, very difficult to quit and many people move abroad for a few years and then come back while still retaining their warrant card (called a carte dé service in French) and thus legally being considered police officers, so be careful of any scams in which your future partner to be might advise you to move abroad: because he will still retain his police "privileges" in the country and it is impossible to just give up on the job and get married because he will not be able to marry you in the municipality without prior permission from his employers.

Note that I began my post by mentioning that the woman is my ex-wife: people who have worked in the police force come from a very specific socioeconomic background, that no sane person who values his  or her mental health would like to be around so I would advise you to abandon this prospect of a relationship. Find yourself a university graduate with similar interests to yourself.