School and general advice for move to Saudi

Hi
My name is Melissa. My husband has a job offer for Saudi Aramco and will be leaving for Saudi around June time with me and the kids going around 4 months after. I have 2 children, one who is due to start school in Sep. I've seen that there are long waiting lists for school but I wondered if this goes on for years? I just also would like to get to know other mums in Saudi so I don't feel so alone when I arrive.

Hi Melissa. Welcome to the forums and congratulations for the job offer. You will most probably be living inside one of the compounds. Fortunately they have better communities and people interact a lot often than than they do outside compounds due to openness. If you ever feel compound bound, there are other places to go such as KAUST (google it).

As for the schools, I dont have first hand experience but based on the number of expatriates leaving Saudi due to the economical conditions, schools are getting vacant and I believe it wouldn't take your child much longer to get placed in a school that you prefer. Maybe another member can shed some more light on this. Good Luck.

Yes u can find its better way to kill you loneliness