Filipina Getting Married in India

Hi, my name is Sash, a Filipina. Im planning to get married in Indiathis year.I just want to know the legal process of marriage in India.I'm planning to just get a evisa. This means, the visa is only good for 60 days or less but eligible for double entry. I want to ask how long  should I stay in India before I get my marriage license? Please help. I don't want to get a regular visa since it has high chance of rejection. And I also want to know If its easy to enter Nepal so that I can extend the duration of my visa? Thank you so much.

hello Sash. I'm Phol, filipina, will go to delhi on April 18. We are planning to get married within 2months (validity of my e-visa). My soon-to-be-husband (Indian) is in Dubai right now (we were working together before in Dubai) and i came back here in Philippines, i read that under Special Marriage Act 1954, one of the parties to the marriage should reside in India at least 30 days before giving notice. That's why I will stay in a hostel in Delhi for 30 days. After 30 days of staying there, I will file the Notice of Intended Marriage. Then I need to wait for 30 days notice if there's any objection. If no objection, that's the time that we can have our official court marriage.

Means 30 days of staying there + 30 days notice = 60 days (60days e-visa is not enough)

I read that also that travelers in India can apply for a visa extension by visiting the FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Officers) Bureau of Immigration India. From there, they will be granted a 15-30day extension for critical reasons of death, sickness, MARRIAGE or flight disruption.

So, I will try that visa extension. =)

Can you share your plan also?

Thank you ^_^

Congratulations both of you guys. You should come and ask FRRO till the time you are staying in India (I tried it before but it didn't work well). Furthermore,  you get 2 times Indian Evisa a year.  Just try dear.
My experience to get visa extension is moving to Kathmandu,  Nepal to get 6 months Indian visa (or at least 3months). So take a trip to Nepal after checking all. Good luck girls.

Thank you Juliana for the information. <3

How much time you spent in Nepal just to have your Visa again going back to India?

Are you married with an Indian National?

If yes, what are the documents needed for the marriage?

Thank you. God bless you =)

Nope dear. I got visa for traveling only. It takes around $70 (depends on which country you are from) and 1 week to get it. Nepalese Visa you can get on arrival at Kathmandu airport.

I will try going to Nepal if FRRO will not approve my visa extension.

Thank you so much Juliana =)