Telecommunications in Budapest

Hello dear Members,

Can you please list some of the main Internet Service providers in Budapest? You may also include the cost related to their Internet subscription.

Another issue related to the telecommunication topic, is mobile plans. Can you please share with us:
>With which operator are you subscribed to?
>How are you finding their services?
>What kind of facilities do they offer?

Lastly, what is the best option according to you to make long distance calls in Budapest?

Your views/suggestions will be highly valued.

Wish you all a great day & thanks you in advance for your participation.

Hi there for the internet service i prefer invitel for me i think its sound best.

mobile phone vodafone cos i think its most costeffctive. Long distance call "no problem".
i have seen sometimes when you send mobile message from other service providers thy dont deliver ... but with voda it goes well .

While these options might be viable to you, fixed line services (availability and pricing) vary geographically, even within the same district. Generally speaking the more central your location, the stronger the competition, driving prices down and bandwidth up. Beware of modern condos ("lakópark"), they often have exclusive contracts with sleazy services providers.

The duration of your stay (thus the length of the contract you can sign) is also an important factor: 1-2 year contracts are the norm for reasonable prices.

Regarding cell plans Vodafone is in fact good enough for regular, urban use, but apart from rare, catastrophic breakdowns all 3 providers are perfectly reliable, and in fact Vodafone is the one that had spotty coverage in rural areas until recently. They also used to charge exorbitant termination fees, so calling vodafone from other networks used to cost an arm and a leg. This is probably not so anymore either.
(BTW in Hungary just like in Europe in general cell phone users don't pay for incoming calls or text messages, it's the caller who pays more for an out of network call.)

my friend works at DIGI-
digikabel.hu
they offer phone, tv, and internet services

upc.hu/
See "pages in english" on the right side