Living Condition & Cost in Dammam - KSA 2018

Dear all,

Hello. I am 40 years old Indonesian Citizen, married with 3 children and recently got offer to work at Dammam with below term :
- Work Visit Visa
- Fix month salary around 18K SAR
- Accommodation, meal and transport under company responsible.
- Single status
- 120 / 14 days work rotation scheme.

As I am looking for  balance between time in work and my family, I am planning to moved in with my family and stay at Dammam.
Therefore,  could anyone advice me if with such amount of salary  would be adequate in moderate Asian Live condition for me and family, including Houses, school, transportation and medical standard expenses ?

Appreciate any support that I could received

Regards,
Yudho

"Accommodation, meal and transport under company responsible"
Are you saying your company will pay you all that? if yes then you got the dream job right there.

The only thing you have to worry about is the school fees, they're pretty expensive, it could range from 11k - 20k (Mid tier schools) a year, multiply by 3 since you have 3 kids, that would be around  30k - 60k a year

Found this article, might come handy for you
https://www.expatwoman.com/saudi-arabia … ees-in-ksa

I earn 17k a month, I hardly spend more than 7k a month (food, fuels, internet bills, rent), but you definitely gonna spend more than that since you have a family to take care of.

Restaurants here are a bit expensive, could range from 40 sar - 200 sar per meal, fast food restaurants range around 28 sar for extra large meal, we don't have mamak here, but we have "Bofiah" they mostly make sandwiches and all kind of hot drinks and juices, some bofiahs make rotis,  they're pretty cheap, a sandwich cost around 3 - 5 sar, people usually go to bofiah for breakfast or supper, just like mamak.

If you need any help, you can always PM me or ask the community, we're more than happy to help you.

Hello Flaminski,

Thank you for your kind respond.
I will proceed first to depart in single, and see better condition at Dammam fro family set up.

However, thank you again in your kind information.

Have a great days

Regards,
Yudho

Hi Flaminski,thanks for the reply, i am looking for a videographer for my travelling assignments in Saudi,would you like to help?

Omarnwani wrote:

Hi Flaminski,thanks for the reply, i am looking for a videographer for my travelling assignments in Saudi,would you like to help?

Hey Omar, sure I'll be glad to help, I'll PM you