Banking in Ukraine

Hello dear members,

Can you recommend some financial institutions i.e. Commercial Banks in Ukraine?

What about their facilities they offer? For example: [Internet Banking, Credit Facilities, ATM's machine availability throughout the country]

How the mentioned institution(s) has(ve) facilitated or facilitate your life?

Please do not hesitate to share your experience on the Expat-Blog community.

Thank you in advance for your future contribution.

0 replies since 2011 for this important question.

Good website.

U r so rite... disappointment. Thought that we could've done better than this.

I have been with PrivatBank for a number of years now. It is the biggest in Ukraine. ATM access is available widely. The problem I had was setting up an account as a foreigner. If you are not a Ukrainian citizen you will need to get a tax number. I initially queued up at the office in Odessa but found this a lost cause on a hot, sweltering day and gave up after waiting an age. I eventually hired a lawyer to do this for me and my tax number was posted to me in the UK. You will need your passport translated for this too. When I managed to open a deposit account the interest was 23% but is now down to 16%. However, that is still a lot better than you can get in the UK. It is not easy to deposit cash into your account either. For non resident's, proof must be shown of the origin of the cash (eg. ATM receipt and the card it was withdrawn on). Online access is available through a phone number on Privat24.

Thank U. Just got my permanent resident card, now will need to get that famous , tax Id . I've been told that it shouldn't b a problem. But then, U know , nothing is here, until one actually tries making a step.
Probably will follow yr advice and will hire some lawyer, to save time and nerve system.

I obtained my tax code in Nikolaev, when I wanted to purchase a property here. It took a visit to the wrong office before we got directed to the correct office. Then we found that they were closed on Wednesdays.  :) But, the actual process was easy. We went in, filled out a form, gave them a copy of my passport and passport translation and they took it all away. 5 days later, my tax code was ready to collect. It was probably the easiest thing for me to get, in Ukraine.