Mar 15th-19th... contact with docs and hospital admin?

First post here. It's been fun gleaning about Mauritius from the forum! I'm a young American physician working as a hospitalist along with rural full spectrum medicine, and did a fellowship in International Medicine (Rwanda/Zimbabwe). Having grown up on a "family island" in the Bahamas called Eleuthera, and now living in Kansas, I'm ready to make a move. Have had so many cross cultural experiences and adapting to new situations, I'm really curious about the hospital/medical situation in Mauritius, and if there may be a way to serve medically while also integrating back to island life, integrating into such a place with diverse cultures, and have an ocean nearby. Do you have any contacts with any physicians or hospital administrators on the island? Would love to chat with some key people when I'm on the Island March 15-19 (Thurs-Monday). That would be so amazing!!

Hello Dreimer21

Just to note that the Medical Council of Mauritius is literally a beast that protects the local medical practioners against 'unnecessary' foreign expertise. Even if you get a good opportunity with local hospitals (private exclusively) - you will face the hurdle of Medical Council. Be prepared for that.

We are working with one private hospital which is actively re-inventing itself these days. Precisely we're collaborating on the recruitment side (We have a recruitment agency). If you're willing, I can connect you to the MD and we can chat together when you're around.

Regards
Nadeem

Ahh, that's really good to know, and understandable. Sure, that would be great to connnect with the physician you had mentioned! I should be free anytime Thurs or Friday of this coming week if that works for you all. -Dan

Hello Dan. I'll check with the person and inform