New in Danang - interested in Knowing about life in Danang

Hi My name is kim I am from Denmark. I moved to Danang 4 month ago from Ho Chi Minh where I have been living and working for 4 years. I am Working in Construction. I enjoy the chill out life here.

But I do miss, better supermarket, shops where you can buy more quality food meat. Nice bar where you can hang out. Yes, I do know Bamboo and the bars in that area. But do you know any other good places to hang out.

Ho Chi Minh have more night life, but still some good places here in Danang.

I just wanted to reach out to expat on this site to understand what you are missing here in Danang.
Is it good places for shopping?
Places to get a drink?
Social activities?

I would also be happy to know any social event for expat you are aware of, I am happy to join.

Have a great day
Best
Kim Jensen

Da Nang has lots of shopping places and drinking places.

For shopping you can find best malls: Lottee Mart, Big C Market, Metro and lots more.
For Drinking- Lots of Street Shops. You can easily find cheap food also.

Everybody seems to gravitate to those palm trees in front of Holiday Beach. Most down there are long termers or lifers.

Just say hi. If you play sport especially beach football or volleyball, you will make a ton of friends both VN and foreign immigrants.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Kim
My name is Maxine and I am Danish too :-) I am coming to Da Nang in the spring and I would like to meet you and other expats to learn about the city and where to find small apartment and so.
I hope you still are there in the spring and will take some time to meet and help me to a good start in my new life.
Smile from Holstebro

SongwriterUK wrote:

Everybody seems to gravitate to those palm trees in front of Holiday Beach. Most down there are long termers or lifers.

Just say hi. If you play sport especially beach football or volleyball, you will make a ton of friends both VN and foreign immigrants.

?: Is that...

Holiday Beach Danang Hotel & Resort
300 Võ Nguyên Giáp, Bắc Mỹ An, Ngũ Hành Sơn, Đà Nẵng?

Thanks!

Well I worked in Da Nang for two years. Personally don't like it, the people are way too nosey. But you don't speak Vietnamese so it shouldn't be a problem for you. My two fav restaurants r Anchor and Fat fish There s this bar Seventeenth saloon that has live music on Friday. And you have Dong Phuong dance club. As for better fresh food you can go to Vinmart, it is not the same as grocery stores in Saigon but I don't find a better choice in DN. As for living, personally I prefer what Da Nang people call district 3, somewhere near Han river.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

@Maxidane

English only please.