Seeking help for renting business property (pop-up restaurant)

Hi there,

My partners and I are looking at setting up a restaurant in Ibiza, with ultimate aim of making it into a social business to help the most vulnerable in this part of the world. First though, we would like to test our concept and cuisine and I have been trying to find various sites and agents that might rent us space for a pop up restaurant for 1-2 months in the high season. Sadly without much luck. It seems most places will not rent for 1 month only, include tons of fees that I don't properly understand (Transfer fees and tourist fees etc).
Could any of you offer some pearls of wisdom? Looking for a restaurant space or space that has licence to serve food and alcohol in a livelier part of the island.

Or if you have any info on the kind of licences and permits we might need, that would also be appreciated

Thank you
E

i do not run a catering business, so all of this is some answers from searching. Plus my 2 Eurocents thoughts. In the hopes you it gets this process going.
Licences/permissions will be safety and health procedures imposed by the Spanish law and local bylaws. License for selling alcohol (maybe).
The ayuntamiento will be able to issue your licenses.
Food Handler's Certificate, necessary for all the employees handling and preparing food.
Register your company There several types to choose from and for that you need a help of a Gestoría. You may need an investment of up to 3000€ in some case.
Toilets and general access should include for those with disabilities.
Emergency lighting and extinguishers are required to cover fire hazards.
Insurance for contents of the bar and public liability.

2 Eurocents, How is your Spanish?
Why pick one of the most touristy  areas in Spain for such a short rental?
Do you appreciate the rent is going to significantly higher in Ibiza then somewhere not so busy?
A terrace will also mean a licence. Smoking is only permitted in certain circumstances and not having that will affect your business.
The hours these sort of places are open each day in Spain  means it is hard work. Do not forget to have some coverage staff for when you cannot work. Even delivering paperwork to you gestoía can take time.
Good coffee is very important and you have to know all the styles that can be served here.

I also found this about opening a food truck business. There are similar concepts
https://elpais.com/elpais/2015/07/08/in … 51426.html

Hi E,

Ibiza is law unto itself. I would join a number of the facebook groups along with ibiza-spotlight.com forum.

I also tried to work with all the the homeless charities on the island and got nowhere.

Kind regards

Joe