Info regarding German spouse visa

Hi all,
I'm a Sri Lankan who got married to a beautiful German 3 months ago. I met her 3 years ago online and as our relationship grew stronger I even went to Germany to visit her and was introduced to her family too.

Finally we decided to tie the knot so she came down to Sri Lanka with her family where we had a beautiful wedding. Took me nearly 2 months to get all the paperwork done as per the checklist available at the German embassy website.

The hardest part right now is the wait till the decision is made. I don't know how long it'll take or what the decision will be. Every passing day is like an eternity. If anyone of u have similar experience with German national visa please do share your insight. Thank you..

No other way, than to wait :) Wish you get a decision soon.

I have understand good that your wife want to live with you in Sri Lanka or You will come to Germany? My husband will be make soon visa too,it's hard this all process with spouse visa

Amina79Berlin wrote:

I have understand good that your wife want to live with you in Sri Lanka or You will come to Germany? My husband will be make soon visa too,it's hard this all process with spouse visa

Initially we have to live in Germany because she has 2 more years of studies to complete

Expect it to take 6 months to one year. It could take a more. I married a Filipina and it took over one year so far and she is STILL NOT WITH ME! She will have to have a floorplan of her apt., herrental agreement signed by her and her landlord in Germany, showing how many square meters. Also, she will have to show paystubs from her job, or if she is self-employed, bank statements. She also has to make a certain amount of money in order for you to go to Germany. I think it is around 8000 Euros per year, which is not enough to live on, but I think that is approximately what the requirement is. If she is a student and does not make any money in Germany, your visa will probably be denied, unless you have a job waiting for you in Germany.  So... you need:

Proof of her income
floorplan of apt.
official rental agreement
marriage license(can be in German or English)

Good luck!

Deciduous is mostly right, except that the financial requirement is now EUR9000/year per person (which is the official survival minimum) and, since your spouse is German citizen, you also need basic German language skills (which spouses of other nationalities don't need). On the other hand, for German spouses it is easier to get an exemption from the financial requirements if there are special considerations - e.g. if she is pregnant from you or you have a kid together.

@holamart99 You also sent me a private message asking a similar but somehow different question. Please do not do that, to avoid confuson!

You also need to describe your situation in all details and say what you want to achieve, then we can possibly give you some pointers to what you can do or expect. Thanks for your understanding!