Quintana. Roo.

Hi.. wondering if any one can give us first hand info about life in this state
Best town to look at...real estate or rentals
Medical nearby
Looking for easygoing laid back, don't care about sports but like cultures and sights

Hello - I would recommend around Merida & the beaches of Yucatan State. Much more laid back and lower cost of living. More to see and do as well. Excellent medical

That question gets batted around all the time on different forums. The answers generated are opinions, because there is no "best". It all depends on what you want. If you want peace and quiet, there are many, many small villages and towns on,off , and near the ocean. I think the answer for anybody is first a question. How far away from conveniences do you want to be? The tourist corridor of Quinatana Roo has it all, and you can be as far away, or as close to city life as you wish. The gulf coast of the Yucatan is beautiful, but out in the boonies in comparison. Drive around and decide for yourself.

"boonies in comparison", really Lewis?

The hotelaria areas in Quintana roo are pretty modern, but when you exit that area you have boonies quickly. My last visit to Cancun was the boonies route of Cancun and it is actually more boonies than here or Merida.

You are right about where the best place is though because the answer to that question is in the eye of the beholder.