Intercultural relationships in the United Arab Emirates

Hello,

We invite you to share some fun anecdotes and information regarding intercultural marriages and relationships in the United Arab Emirates. This will provide some insight to current and future expats regarding relationship norms in mixed relationships and marriages in the United Arab Emirates.

What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

What are some challenges that you have faced or are currently facing? How do you address them?

Are intercultural relationships/marriages common and accepted in the United Arab Emirates?

What are the benefits to being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

Do you have any fun or interesting anecdotes to share regarding dating norms and rules for intercultural relationships/marriages?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi good morning

Glad to meet you through expat network. Keep in touch best regards sri

hello

ammaroof wrote:

hello

Dude, Is it your reply to Intercultural relationships in the United Arab Emirates?

Dear Priscilla,

First of all I appreciate your work on the forum of expat.com and for being active every time on different issues.

As per the topic of intercultural relationship/marriage in the UAE my views and observations are as follow. But I also want to clarify these are just my personal views and observations not experience. Because I never fell in this situation by my own.

Everything in our lives have both the positive and negative aspects. In that sense intercultural relationships/marriages have the same impact here in the UAE. As we know that this is a Muslim country and due to the religious beliefs and restrictions, having the relationship other than your legal allowed one (being husband and wife in advance) it very hard to keep relationships here.

Also most of the foreigners are from south Asian countries. And a great number of them are from India and Pakistan. And sometimes south Asian culture also doesn't allow people to have relations (being a boyfriend or girlfriend). 

It should also be noted that most of the expatriates have low income here. So, most of the times people can't maintain their relationships for long. But apart from all these challenges still here one can have the taste of west while being in east. Because the government is quite liberal and westernized when it comes to foreigners and specially for the tourist. That's why most of the people makes relations and sometimes get marry as well.

As I afore mentioned that everything in our lives have positive and negative impacts side by side. So, some of the pros and cons of intercultural relationships/marriages that I have seen here is that everyone of us knows about our own culture and values. It worths, but not a big deal. The most important thing being a human is to feel and respect about other's culture and values. So, most of the times the failure of intercultural relationships/marriages that I observed here is that, people are careless. They don't care about others culture and values. And sometimes even their own culture and values. And thus causes break ups. Which is very common here. And most of the time people strive to look and look for real soul mates, and wastes most of their precious time.

But on the other hand sometimes some of the people meet their real soul mate also. And by the time when somebody get their real soul mate in a multi culture environment then they experience the real beauty of life. They come to know about new things, beliefs and culture. Thus improving human understandings and feelings as well. I have seen so many people here in relationships. But unfortunately they were not so reliable. And that's the reason most of the time most of the relationships get results into failure. In short one can get mixed results and impacts of intercultural relationships/marriages here in UAE.

Regards IBKHAN.

Thank you

Marriages are made in heaven its time came reach there and meet who is our soulmate

its godwill

Hello, Pretty how are you doing ? am reading your message and I understand very well. 1 for me marriage is something spirit because  town humain been they want to living together for life and We cannot married today and after some years get divorced. We need think deep before we get married coz during marriage we have to build family and grand children that why is something powerful and spirit with god blessing.

Honestly relations are very complicated in uae as the ladies want richer guys living in nice apartments having car, also most of this ladies are here to find better lives for themselves and family their jobs are demanding and they might not have time for you and the relationship, also most of the guys are already married in their country leaving their wife and children in their country to find greener pastures in the uae, this guys are the ones going after the ladies just for their fantasy and satisfaction  marriage is not guaranteed, only few people i can say meet in the uae and end up getting married.

I don't have that experience so I can't explain anything but I wish to get married with someone from another country or nationality if I will get that chance.

Just pray and hope for to find someone who will understand and love you for real.