Intercultural relationships in Bahrain

Hello,

We invite you to share some fun anecdotes and information regarding intercultural marriages and relationships in Bahrain. This will provide some insight to current and future expats regarding relationship norms in mixed relationships and marriages in Bahrain.

What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

What are some challenges that you have faced or are currently facing? How do you address them?

Are intercultural relationships/marriages common and accepted in Bahrain?

What are the benefits to being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

Do you have any fun or interesting anecdotes to share regarding dating norms and rules for intercultural relationships/marriages?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

The involved human beings should have big hearts to get involved in intercultural marraiges,
Intercultural relationships are temporary usually so the involved persons are not so serious about it.

What are some challenges that you have faced or are currently facing? How do you address them?

Are intercultural relationships/marriages common and accepted in Bahrain?
yes they are very common in Bahrain, compared to other countries in GCC, for eg  a Bahraini girl or boy can marry any one of their choice from any country, but not so in Oman, In oman the guy or girl has to explain to the governmet and  seek permission from the government for marrying a guy or girl from another country.

What are the benefits to being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

you realize that all human beings on the planet are the same in all aspects of basic living

intercultural marriages and relationships in Bahrain - Yes they are very common in Bahrain

What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage? - If both the partners are willing to work for it unconditionally, it is heaven for them.

Challenges - If one or the other belongs to an Orthodox kind of family, the couple has to work hard to be accepted and both have to stand with each other regardless of any situation.

Benefits - You get a whole new world!!

Dating norms / rule - Not that I know of.

Also the above is all based on the couples I have come across. I myself do not have a personal experience since I am single. :-)

I feel if the feeling is real, cultural difference wouldn't matter since both the partners are ready to do anything to get their love.