Schools in/ near Valletta?

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on schools / childcare / housing in the vicinity of Valletta. I'm a US Citizen who is applying to a dual-degree Masters program at the University of Malta, Valletta Campus. I would be relocating my family for one year (Sept-Sept) for this program. My understanding is that my classes will be at the Valletta campus *not* the main campus.

My children will be 15, 11, and 2 for the year we will be there. We are native English speakers and would like to find a public school system that has other international students (in addition to Maltese students) and is accustomed to providing instruction in English as well as Maltese. I've read good things about the schools in Slieta, Pembroke, and St Paul's Bay but I'm worried that those will be too far of a commute for me to get to school. Ideally, we'd like to avoid needing a car since we'll only be there for a year.

I've been reading like crazy through the forums, especially the "Children fitting in at state schools" thread and I haven't been able to find anything about Valletta schools. It's all a bit overwhelming because we currently live in a rural area so this would be a massive shift for us. But it's a great opportunity and we're viewing it as a one-year adventure.

I'm grateful for any advice you all can provide. Thank you so much!

Welcome to the Forum, with regards to Valletta I don't think many  expats choose to live there, the other places you mentioned are more
popular but a lot depends on your budget and how much you wish to pay in rent for accommodation.   
The Three Cities area near Valletta is nice but quite expensive, you can get a short ferry ride to Valletta from there but most places you will need to use the bus service.
Hopefully someone can help you with schooling, I have not seen any information on schools in Valletta.
Good luck.

Thank you, GoZoMo. I appreciate you taking the time to reply!