Indian Moving to (Ho Chi Minh) Vietnam

Hi, I am planning to shift to Ho Chi Minh city soon. Can someone help me with information regarding the following :

1) Average rent in District 1, Ho Chi Minh
2) Food options for vegetarian
3) Best mode of transport (Considering both my office and accommodation will be in District 1)

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Anand Agrawal wrote:

1) Average rent in District 1, Ho Chi Minh

Depends on type of accommodation you rent. Have a look HERE to get an idea.
(Use google translate).
Expl:
Vietnamese - Giá: 16 triệu/tháng,  Diện tích: 106 m²,  Quận/Huyện: Quận 1,
Eng - Price: 16 million (VND) / month, Total area: 106 m², Dist: Dist 1

2) Food options for vegetarian

Some popular Indian restaurants are there in D1. Vietnamese vegetarian restaurants are everywhere, just around the corner.

3) Best mode of transport (Considering both my office and accommodation will be in District 1)

- Taxi (MaiLinh and Vinasun)
- Grab/Uber cars
- Grab/Uber motorbikes

You may wish to look for an accommodation in Dist 3 if your office is in Dist 1.
All the best!

Hi, thanks for replying.Why district 3, any specific reason?

Anand Agrawal wrote:

Hi, thanks for replying.Why district 3, any specific reason?

D3 will give you more options for a good bargain and it's next to D1. Easy to commute from D3 to D1.

Many VN Buddhists eat a vegetarian diet (ăn chay) on at least two days a month. There are some Buddhist vegetarian restaurants (quán ăn chay) in larger towns and cities in VN, but I have found most of them sell terrible food. Eating at Indian restaurants sounds like a much better idea if one is nearby.

If entering a normal restaurant, you could perhaps let them know that you are a vegetarian by saying, "Tôi muốn ăn chay, không ăn thịt - I want to eat vegetarian food, no meat."

If you plan to live in D1, a good vegetarian restaurant is Bông Súng on Nguyễn Du, a block or so from Notre Dame.  Some of the dishes have Indian flavour and some dishes have roots back in the country way of cooking (jasmine flowers sautéed with garlic, for instance.) 

My husband thinks their food is better than many other vegetarian restaurants we've visited (the price is also higher -- but then again, I don't have the same view as other expats when it comes to food price, so my "high price" may not seem high to you or others.)