Help me meet my Filipino family.

Hi,

I am an English citizen living in Texas for over 30 years. I have been supporting  my Filipino fiancee and her two small boys for three years. They live on Mindaneo. We have yet to meet in person.

Because I am at security risk if I meet her on Mindaneo (even Davao) we would like to find a place on Luzon where we can stay for 2-3 weeks, Our budget this year is very limited so we are hoping to find free or very low cost accommodation.

Are there any kind souls out there who can help me unite our family at long last? We will be eternally grateful. We can clean, fix, run errands in exchange.

Thank you.

Derek

There are plenty of people here who can clean, fix and run errands for a few pesos, and you are looking for housing for 2 adults and 2 children?  Good luck.

Braddock wrote:

Because I am at security risk if I meet her on Mindaneo (even Davao)

Unless wife resides in an ARMM region province, you are not at such a security risk as you many think. Even in light of the current Martial Law down south, expats still travel through out most of the region without issues; both for business and tourism. Not much has changed...more road checkpoints and greater govt security presence in certain areas. 

If your wife lives in Davao then really no major issue. You will hear that Davao City is the safest city in the Philippines, which is not really true; however, it is safer than most crime-wise and where security might be related to terrorism or KFR gangs.

My opinion, but ask others.

Thank you for your advice.

What would a one bedroom apartment in Makati cost? Within walking distance to an elementary school.

Outside of the makati center you can find studio or 1-bedroom apts ranging from P9,000 and up. A google search will come up with lots in all Makati Barangays.