Visa for Bahrain

Hello I'd like to ask If anyone has such an experience as me . I live and work in Dubai and I have residency as well I'm an Artist . I got job offer in Bahrain and since I'm from Europe and I even have GCC Visa I dont need Visa to enter Bahrian .because they asked me to come as tourist and then they will fix my residence Visa.  I took a flight and at the immigration I was stopped and been told I cant enter the country unless I have artist Visa when I told them I'm coming on a visit but after 12 hours at the airport I've been sent back to Dubai.  Then my employer tried to obtain 2 weeks sponsored Visa and got refused by saying that 5 years ago I had issue in Bahrain when the only time I was ever in Bahrain was 13 years ago . So my employer said they r trying to obtain working Visa and I've been already waiting 1 week .

I'd like to know what do u think and what can be the advice . I tried to ask if i obtain my non sponsor Visa will be any issued to enter but no answer

It sounds like your name is either listed as or matching with another one on the immigration blacklist for some reason.   Until that is cleared, I don't think you will be able to get any visa.

The only way is what your employer has said i.e. working visa and during the process, approach immigration to provide the necessary clarifications.   Once they have applied and give you an application number, you can track the progress on line.  Unfortunately, at this stage, there is nothing you can do, except wait for your employer.

The passport I'm holding is from 4 years ago and in my country we changing them every 5 years so thats why for me seems weird that anything appears in the system dont u think so ? They said if once I've entered the country with artist visa I can never enter with any other ??? No way !!! Many ppl I know do so ... and how can I get that clearance or check my name cause these ppl dont seems to really know what to do ?

All immigration control lists world wide are not just limited to your passport number.   Most common focal point is name and nationality at birth.  The other variables like passport number and so on are used to eliminate possibilities of wrong matches - nowadays, bio-metric information is making that easy.  Without knowing anything, I can assume that it is your name which is blacklisted.

You can always change profession on your visa by giving documentation so what they are saying is not correct. 

Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, there is nothing you can do.  You cannot check your name as it's in an immigration database which is not available to the public and also, you can't get clearance yourself as you cannot even get in the country to talk to immigration (and they won't pick your calls or respond to emails).  The only thing you can do is wait while your employer tries to sort it out.  Not ideal, I know but you have no other choice except to walk away from this job and Bahrain and look for another.

This is why I told them I have my both old and current passport with me as proof of not being in the country 5 years ago and not having any issue. When I 1st came to this country 2005 they didnt have biometrics yet in the world so I assume its matching but these ppl .... anyways the problem is I have band and now they all there except for me ....sad story....thanks anyways

What happened when you came into the country 13 years ago?  were you deported or had a run in with law enforcement?  I am asking because the timeline they are quoting is not representative - they could have uploaded the records only 5 years ago whereas the event could have happened 13 years ago.

Once they apply for your work visa, they can submit copies of previous passports (not just 5 years ago but the passport used 13 years ago as well) to prove that the record is incorrect, if that is the case.

When I was there I never had any issue I was never even stopped for check up by police . I went there i work 3 months with my band that time and i left.  One of my colleagues that worked with me 13 years ago there has been going to Bahrain to work and as tourist with no problems .

See, here is the thing:

As a tourist, you are NOT allowed to work by law in pretty much any country of the world - exception being working holiday visas granted by some countries.  What constitutes as "work" is debatable and varies from country to country but the general definition is "taking up regular or irregular paid employment or getting paid for services rendered within the country".

Now while no one checks and most of the times you never have an issue, the fact is that this is illegal.  If discovered, visas can be cancelled, fines levied and in some cases, even deportation.  Usually no one bothers to check and when an issue happens, it is usually related to some other incident e.g. you are working illegally somewhere and get into a fight, police are called and your immigration status is checked - you might not be guilty for the fight but you will be booked and charged for working without a visa.

In your case, it is entirely possible that the venue you worked for was charged for violating any laws such as timings, alcohol licensing etc etc and got the book thrown at them for other offences as well such as employing people without valid visas who were subsequently banned as well.  I have seen these things happen in the GCC. 

But this is speculation on my part.  All I am trying to illustrate is that sometimes, your name can end up on lists for reasons which you wouldn't even think off.

Any of the things above mentioned I haven't been involved ever . Back in 2005 when I was working I wasn't illegal as well . The thing is when last week I was called to go to Bahrain on tourist Visa and when I get there they said they will process my artist visa I was carrying guitar of my friend .they asked me if I was coming to work and i said no , but there at the airport I was never told about all this situation from back in the days .they never said I cant enter the country they said i only need Visa.  I suspect they thought because I was carrying guitar maybe they thought i was coming to work . But the thurth is I was going 1st for holidays while I'm waiting for my Visa

Exactly.  They had suspicion that you were going to work on a tourist visa and didn't allow you entry.   So that's one point cleared.

The rejection of a sponsored visa could also be for the same reason i.e. you applying again as a visitor after having been refused entry at the airport on suspicion of coming here to work.   

The past history of 5 years ago could be just something your employer misunderstood. 

The only way to find out really is to apply for a  work visa and see what happens.  If they raise any issue then you have the documents to prove otherwise.

So basically even if I try to apply for non sponsor Visa they will still not allow me to enter is that so ? Because the people I was with and we all got sent back here got their 2 weeks sponsored Visa and entered with no problems but for my case I've been told I got denied because I had something in the record from 5 years ago.

You have been denied entry already when you were turned back from the airport on suspicion.

When you applied for a visa, they said something in the previous 5 year record.  That could be the case or it could very well be an outcome of the refused entry at the airport.  No way to know without applying for a work visa.

Considering the circumstances, there is a high likelihood that you will a) Not get an un-sponsored visa in the first place or b) Still might be refused entry even if you get a visa due to previous refused entry assuming even if the 5 year record statement was a mistake (unless you are able to prove intent on airport clearly - which is taking a risk). 

The best bet to get in is an artist / work visa.

Which I believe at this point we dont know how long that might take .....is it timeless or has a frame ? If u know of course.

Check this thread for the details: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=750635

But anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.