Driving, Colorado to Belize

Good morning! I am finally ready to take the plunge and make the move. I am leaving Colorado next weekend and driving to Belize! I have heard horror stories and good stories about going through Mexico. Does anybody have any good information  about what to do and what not to do To make my journey much easier?

I don't have any info on that but......  My wife and I live in Boulder are are moving to Belize in about 3 months.  Where in CO do you live and where are you moving in Belize?

I just left a Manitou Springs this morning headed to Salt Lake City for a few days and then I will head south from there. I have property between sarteneja and corozal on WARRIE bite

I haven't driven it, but lots of people on here have, so if you do a search of driving through Mexico, you will get lots of good info. Do be sure to check the dates of the posts since these things do change over time.

ToddHenry wrote:

I just left a Manitou Springs this morning headed to Salt Lake City for a few days and then I will head south from there. I have property between sarteneja and corozal on WARRIE bite

Hey Todd, We'll be neighbors. I'm on the bay closer to Copper Bank. Will you have a boat? I think you have to take the road to Sarteneja to get to Waree Bight. That road is pretty awful right now but at least both of the hand crank ferries are back in the water.  :)

No boat unfortunatly. ....need to find a cheep one for sure.
Yes, familiar with that road...send down it many times in the past.  Hope to get togather when I'm there.  My first night I will stay at cerros beach resort and collect my thoughts

ToddHenry wrote:

No boat unfortunatly. ....need to find a cheep one for sure.
Yes, familiar with that road...send down it many times in the past.  Hope to get togather when I'm there.  My first night I will stay at cerros beach resort and collect my thoughts

Nice, I haven't made it over to Bill And Jenny's place yet but I hear that his chocolate cake is to die for and Bill also brews his own beer and makes wine. So of course I want to check that out too  :)

You should and yes.....his cake is the best.  Love his beer and wine as well

More home brewers! So glad to hear of this! We also brew our own, so let us know when you come down south. We need to make more. We've just about downed all the saison we made. We threw in some yeast from some cashew wine we made last year, and it was so super yummy!!

Monkey Town brew wrote:

More home brewers! So glad to hear of this! We also brew our own, so let us know when you come down south. We need to make more. We've just about downed all the saison we made. We threw in some yeast from some cashew wine we made last year, and it was so super yummy!!

Saison is my favorite. Save me some! It's sounds great. And I want to try the coconut wit?? you made before.

Unfortunately, we finished that saison up last night. That coconut wit was delicious. We need to make that again.