Getting a job in Ireland straight out of highschool from the U.S

Me and my boyfriend are going to go on a year long trip and I need to know how to get a job in Ireland
I am planning on getting out of the U.S and then getting a job wherever I can and right now I am looking into Ireland we are both 18 and out of highschool and I have no plans for college and neither of us will graduate college before we leave. I would like to know about what exactly we need for a job there and as many details as possible

Welcome to the Forum :)

First of all you will need to a visa so you can work legally. The nearest Irish Embassy or consulate will be able to help you.

Hey there,

Great idea and great adventure ahead of you guys! You will love Ireland and I hope you'll visit as much as you can.

First thing yeah, the Visa thingy.
You'll definitely have to get one and contacting both the US embassy and the Irish one can be a good thing.

Regarding jobs, I don't think it should be too difficult for you guys.
I'd suggest you look on jobs.ie, Indeed, Munster, CPL and other websites like these to try and find something that would suit you.

I've never felt like going door to door to give your CV actually work. It doesn't seem to me like it's something that is being done, at least in Dublin where I live.
Usually, expats always start in a call center and that's because it's easy to get and there are a lot of options since most of the big companies have their European HQ here. Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc...usually use Outsourcing companies to get their staff.

I wouldn't say it's easy to find but if you already have friends over in Ireland you can refer you, I'd say do it to ease the finding of a job.

Then, I'd advise you guys to make sure to have savings as life here is expensive, but especially accomodation (daft.ie is the most used website).

I hope this helps a bit.
Let us know how it goes! :)