Mornings?

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/90806-Hello-Good-Morning.jpg

What gets you started in the day?

Me for one, I have to have 3 coffees before I operate, then the local radio (also covers world news) comes on. I wake up at 6am so listening to what happened in the night is a plus.

Think it is important to where you live that you follow some sort of news, would you agree?

I agree. I flip through BBC, Sky, local news all through my phone whilst enjoy coffee number one of the day before I get my son ready for school on return coffee number 2 while I consider having to go to work and by 10am I am normally some where in the city starting the days routines with coffee number 3.

I don't. Listening to news rarely enriches my life in any way, most of the time it just makes me anxious. 90% of it is either propaganda or just fake. I found out that I can do without it just fine.

I'm usually awake by 4 am. Have local talk back radio on all night as background so listen to news and chats etc then out and about by 6 am for a walk. Breakfast and a cup of good coffee then online to read newspapers,check out expat.com and email accounts.
Also check my FaceBook account daily too for messages from family and friends scattered around the planet.

Keeping radio on in background to listen news while sleeping makes some extraordinary sense.

The last thing I want to hear first thing in the morning is some raving rightwing talkshow host.  I hate the sound of radio talk shows at any time of day.  Birds are nice, silence is nice, pets purring or wagging their tails is nice, coffee in a necessity and can't start the day without a long hug from my wife.

Today my day started and 9:30 am. :P

Tea!  I always eat a breakfast but it's partly  just something to go with the tea.

I'm in the camp that accepts that no news is good news.  If something particularly awful is going on somewhere I'll hear of it soon enough, and it's as well I don't dwell on the details.

With a grateful heart.

While trying to understand who I am and where I am in the morning, I'm taking it slow. I rest in bed, scrolling the feed. Then a simple breakfast finally gives me a good start.
The most important part of my day, which I keep failing, is PLANNING.
This one seemed like a good guide at first, but I can't even look through it properly.  :huh:

Good morning  :)
I generally need a cup tea and this days I am just few steps to the sea shore so just walk bare foot n feel the wet sand n with Breeze rushing arround. I am just loving it my morning  :)

Wow three coffees! That will certainly get you up and moving around. My morning routine is to do something lightly physical like going for a short walk (depend on weather and where you're located, of course.) I also try to meditate for 10-15 minutes to get my mind together. I have my coffee after that and read the news of the day before going on to more productive pursuits.

For the past 15 years, the early morning routine for me was always directed by the needs of our dogs.  We lost our last Retriever just over a year ago and to be honest, the stress of losing a dog surprised me, I genuinely didn't think I would be so affected and swore I would never put myself through that again.  That lasted until last Friday, when one of my wife's patients told her that their breeding pair of Patterdale Terriers had just produced a new litter, so now lying sound asleep at my feet is Boris (no, not that one), so I think my mornings will be heading back to normal, just the thought made me smile and there must be some dust in the air.

Mornings have changed for me due to Covid-19 here in NZ. I am classed as an essential worker doing farm work.

Up at 5am good breakfast and a strong coffee then out to the farm to feed pigs, stock etc.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR