Advice needed: Electricity Consumption (kw) for a 92m2 household for 2

Oh wow, @Ciambella, that cost is quite reasonable!

Ciambella wrote:

Disclosure:  The floor fans and some of the lights are connected to solar system so they don't cost us anything to use.

Did you set up the solar system (photovoltaic) or was it already installed when you moved there?

I am interested in such photovoltaic systems for our future house.
Any information would be welcome.
So far I have only found Vietnam Eco-Solutions - VES on the Internet.

Thanks in advance.

Join the club. - I've taken to emailing myself meter readings with some comments after outrageous fraud by a greedy Thai landlady. (A studio, no air con and I swear, I never ever turned the water heater on). The useage varied wildly and she charged many times more the first 2 weeks than later, as she got wise to me taking readings.

Then there is the actual cost per kw/h. 848 x what??

Thailand has a new law, banning overcharging. It won't be $ 0.60 per kw/h, that's a certainty. you should start by researching the actual cost per kw/h. Anbd in this climate, did you really need hot water all the time?

You do that, Lilly.

Actual bills (if you can get them, also for some previous months) will tell whether the ([i]deleted[i] landlord ever paid anything near that much for the qhole quarter!!

Andy Passenger wrote:

Did you set up the solar system (photovoltaic) or was it already installed when you moved there?

I'm terrible sorry, Andy, for not seeing your question until today, more than 4 months later.  I don't know how it happened, but I've found myself skipping some posts for months on end, even the ones I actively participated in.  I would've blamed old age if it wasn't a lame excuse.

I don't know anything about solar system setting.  All I know is that my nephew-cum-landlord had a bunch of panels installed on the rooftop terrace when he built the place 4 years ago.  Those panels provide power for the entire basement and ground floor (including TVs, refrigerator, A/C, security cameras) and the lights on the stairs throughout the building.  In addition, within every room (including bathroom) in the 5 apartments on the 5 upper floors, there are, at the minimum, one light switch and one outlet using the power collected by those panels.  In our apartment alone, 4 outlets and 13 ceiling lights are on solar. 

Due to whatever system he set up right off the bat 4 years ago, we're never in darkness or without a fan even when there's a power outage.

Ciambella wrote:
Andy Passenger wrote:

I'm terrible sorry, Andy, for not seeing your question until today, more than 4 months later.  I don't know how it happened, but I've found myself skipping some posts for months on end, even the ones I actively participated in.  I would've blamed old age if it wasn't a lame excuse.

I don't know anything about solar system setting.  My nephew-cum-landlord had it installed when he built the place 4 years ago and I had no idea which method he used.  The only thing I know is that the entire basement and ground floor are on solar (including TVs, refrigerator, A/C, security cameras), the lights on the stairs throughout the building are on solar.  In addition, within every room (including bathroom) in every apartment on the upper floors, there is at least one light switch and one outlet that run on solar (in our apartment alone, 4 outlets and 13 lamps are on solar.) 

Due to whatever system he set up right off the bat 4 years ago, we're never in darkness even when there's a power outage, and all the tenants' electricity bills are low.

No issues.
I've also overlooked posts from threads I've been involved in myself.  :)

I have made myself smart on the Internet and have come to the conclusion that I install an off-grid system (no feed back into the public grid) myself. I found all the components I need on the internet (from Vietnam and Taiwan).

It just takes a lot of time for the internet research when it comes to constructional and electrical things concerning Vietnam.

But with a lot of experience in internet research and a lot of patience everything is solvable.  :)

Andy, what will your choice be for power storage? It's been a few years now since I installed panels at a couple of cabins/cottages owned by members of my family, but back then it was sealed (! no explosive gas leaks) lead-acid, gel type deep cycle batteries, and if I recall they were 70 AH, in banks of 20. Seeing as you've done the leg work, has there been any change from this?

I salute your efforts. Please keep us abreast of your progress, sir.

Best,
Aidan

Aidan in HCMC wrote:

Andy, what will your choice be for power storage? It's been a few years now since I installed panels at a couple of cabins/cottages owned by members of my family, but back then it was sealed (! no explosive gas leaks) lead-acid, gel type deep cycle batteries, and if I recall they were 70 AH, in banks of 20. Seeing as you've done the leg work, has there been any change from this?

I salute your efforts. Please keep us abreast of your progress, sir.

Best,
Aidan

Hi Aidan.
I do not know yet exactly which batteries I will order. It is not so easy to find the right technical equipment in Vietnam.
I already have the solar inverter. It is a 5kW /48V inverter to which I can connect two 3kW solar panel arrays. I ordered it in Taiwan.
I found solar batteries in Vietnamese webshops, but I still don't know anything about the quality of these batteries (I need more time for internet research).
I will probably build an array of eight 12V/200Ah batteries (for about 5-7 million dong per battery) so I have 400Ah at 48V.
I have already looked at these batteries:
http://thegioidien.com.vn/ac-quy-bosch- … 51056.html
https://solarstore.vn/ac-quy-cac-loai/a … fm200se-x/
http://powerload.vn/long/binh-ac-quy/bi … -3162.html

With the following I do not know yet where I can order them in Vietnam:
http://www.smsolar.net/files/Rocket%20E … GM+GEL.pdf
http://www.smsolar.net/files/Leoch%20LP12-200.pdf

When I have more information, I'll let you know.

Andy